For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Compendium of Sanitation Systems and Technologies - by: muench July 28, 2014Dear author team of the Compendium, Congratulations for bringing out this second edition of the popular Eawag-Sandec Compendium of Sanitation Systems and Technologies! It's great that you got the funding and resources to update the first edition from 2008. And the eCompendium will be very useful, too. As I consider myself a "power user" of the […]
- Re: Compendium of Sanitation Systems and Technologies - by: elizabethtilley July 28, 2014Thanks for posting this! The link just went active on Friday, so you have very keen eyes! The new version is available for download at www.sandec.ch/compendium The French, Spanish and Nepali versions of the 1st edition will still be available, but we do not have updated translations yet, unfortunately. The hard copy should be leaving the printers shortly, an […]
- Re: Gates Foundation-DfID partnering on sustainable sanitation for the urban poor - by: Roshan July 28, 2014Sorry, it is too late. Next time...!
- Re: Gates Foundation-DfID partnering on sustainable sanitation for the urban poor - by: wambuak July 28, 2014Hello, I just found the "Gates Foundation-DfID partnering on sustainable sanitation for the urban poor" call for proposals. I realize there was a September 2013 deadline. Is this call still open? I work for Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT),Kenya. My colleagues and I would like to write a proposal in collaboration with […]
- Re: High-throughput microbial gene detection seems like the future? - and technology used to identify dysbiosis - by: KeithBell July 27, 2014Thanks for pointing that thread out, Elisabeth. The biogas controversy continues in Germany and people should take notice everywhere. It's not just a problem of botulism, however, but all strains of clostridia where spores are apparently not killed in anaerobic digestion. What other resistant organisms are we growing based on this technology? By the way […]
- Re: Compendium of Sanitation Systems and Technologies - by: muench July 28, 2014
- SuSanA news mail May 2014 June 2, 2014Dear SuSanA members and partners, The May news mail with the latest news from SuSanA and SuSanA partners was sent to 4939 subscribers and contained the following topics: 1. New Head of the SuSanA secretariat! (http://www.susana.org/lang-en/news/news-mail-archive/2014/256-2014-newsletter/937-susana-news-mail-may-2014#1._new_head_of_the_SuSanA_secretariat) As […]
- SuSanA news mail March 2014 March 4, 2014Dear SuSanA members and partners, This news mail informs you about the latest news from SuSanA and the SuSanA partners. The newsmail is sent to 4688 subscribers and contains the following topics: 1. SuSanA cities working group meeting in Delhi, India on 23 March 2014 2. SuSanA Breaking the taboo sanitation cartoon competition 3. Preparation underway to launc […]
- SuSanA news mail May 2014 June 2, 2014
Add to favourites