For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Some changes to the forum categories - by: dorothee.spuhler November 28, 2014Hi Elisabeth Thanks for all this work! One thought: It is not totally intuitive to me how you have designed the categories "sanitation systems" and "resource recovery". A few questions that come up to my mind when I look at them: - Does "system" refer to technological system": means the technologies required along the sanit […]
- Re: Comparative study on the different types of toilets in India - by: pkjha November 28, 2014Hi Vagisha You can find all these and other technologies in the book- Compendium of sanitation systems and technologies, by EAWAG, except Sulabh and DRDO technologies. Sulabh technology is a standard two leach pit pour flush toilet. Nothing is new there. DRDO technology is anaerobic baffle reactor with media as nylon/ plastic sheets. All these are included i […]
- Re: Performance Indicators for Small Town Sanitation (in Uganda) - by: muench November 28, 2014Dear Fredrick, You mentioned that the performance indicators set up by the PAS project in India to monitor performance of water & sanitation utilities / services (forum.susana.org/forum/categories/97-ena...ept-university-india) are not really very applicable to your situation with small towns in Uganda. You said it's because you have a much higher r […]
- How to shift easily urinal to waterless urinal ? - by: ben November 28, 2014Dear susana members, I was wondering if anyone ever saw a "plug adaptator" to swich a normal urinal to a waterless one ? This would just make the shift so easy and cost effective. The odor blocking wouldn't have to be replacing the top part of the plug but rather be in the plastic siphon underneath ... Thanks for sharing info if you have, even […]
- Re: Looking for standards for school toilets (recommended toilets:learners) - by: kipkeny November 28, 2014Dear Colleague, Please follow on the link below which will take you to a manual developed jointly by WHO/UNICEF for the minimum standards of WASH Services in schools in low income countries www.unicef.org/wash/files/WASH_in_schools_manual.pdf Hope this will be of help
- Re: Some changes to the forum categories - by: dorothee.spuhler November 28, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites