For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Power auger modification to empty pits (North Carolina State University, USA and South Africa) - by: Tsepo November 26, 2014Hi Francis Can you be able to tell how far your working relationship was with the Ethekwini Municipality in planning to implementing this excavation of pit latrines. I am in communication with a company called Amanz' abantu based here in South Africa Eastern Cape of which I was referred to them by Dr Sudhir Pillay. I am looking of this excavation from t […]
- Re: Update: Solutions for pit desludging and sludge management in low income urban settlements in Malawi (Mzuzu University) - by: rochelleholm November 26, 2014Current sanitation projects in Mzuzu City, Malawi include: 1.) Plan Malawi. The Plan Malawi target in Mzuzu for the PUSH project is 84,000 residents from 19,090 households, 14,400 school learners from 9 schools in 6 peri-urban locations of Mzuzu City (Chiputula, Masasa, Luwinga, Zolozolo, Mchengautuwa, Chibanja). The outputs are: Construction of 12 affordabl […]
- Re: Design and Construction of Water Supply and Sanitary Facilities in Schools - by: F H Mughal November 26, 2014Dear Wubishet, That is great! If permissible and possible, please share your design. It would be useful to others on this forum, including me. I remember, quite some time back, Elisabeth posted some standards (probably, UNICEF standards) on number of school children for 1 toilet, spacing of toilets, ventilation; and also on water points. Elisabeth: Can you h […]
- Re: RE: shit flow diagrams - does it need to be shit? - by: caetano November 26, 2014Hi, As Cecilia correctly mentioned shit is translated as "merda" in Portuguese (at least in Brazil), not "merde" as mentioned in Peter's post. However, "merda" in Portuguese, in my opinion is a bit offensive; particularly if you are speaking to people in a more authoritative position in formal contexts. I think though that […]
- Re: Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014 - by: mwaniki November 26, 2014Hi Chris and the forum Am sorry for posting this thanking you rather late for your article which was published in the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene November - December 2014 Vol.9 No.8 edition. But as they say in English – Its better late than never. Am afraid to say I was bogged down by an assignment. Apologies. Is this the way you would have liked […]
- Re: Power auger modification to empty pits (North Carolina State University, USA and South Africa) - by: Tsepo November 26, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites