For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Online Training this Thursday: Introduction to Environmental Sanitation - by: cmason October 20, 2014CAWST, the Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology, is hosting a free one-hour webinar, "Introduction to Environmental Sanitation", this Thursday, October 23rd. CAWST is a Calgary, Canada-based international WASH NGO. The webinar will be delivered by two of CAWST's international technical advisors. See registration details below: […]
- Re: NaWaTech Compendium of Technologies avaliable on SuSanA library - by: pkjha October 20, 2014Dear All I have just gone through the book particularly the chapters dealing with waste water treatment. It is collection of available technologies. It mentions technologies – ABR, Anaerobic filter, SBR, MBR, MMBR, biogas technology, and sludge drying beds- planted and unplanted and others. It lacks technical details of the technologies mentioned. Some chapt […]
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: canaday October 20, 2014Hi everyone, The BBC Radio Discovery Program just published --Urine Trouble: What Is In Our Water?-- www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/discovery Some of the interviewees found significant effects of trace amounts of pharmaceuticals that come out in human urine, cannot get eliminated in wastewater treatment (WWT), and find their way into rivers. Other interviewee […]
- Re: Sanitation interventions during Ebola epidemic - by: joeturner October 20, 2014I have found another paper which might give useful information: Tuladhar, Era, et al. "Residual viral and bacterial contamination of surfaces after cleaning and disinfection." Applied and environmental microbiology 78.21 (2012): 7769-7775. Full text: aem.asm.org/content/78/21/7769.full Abstract: Environmental surfaces contaminated with pathogens ca […]
- Re: Sanitation interventions during Ebola epidemic - by: joeturner October 20, 2014Thanks full paper here: www.processcleaningsolutions.com/pdf/3_norovirus-barker.pdf The paper seems to make clear that wiping and the use of detergent is not enough to clean surfaces of the virus. The use of a bleach, preferably with surfaces wiped beforehand, seems to be the advice given in this paper to reduce risks.
- Online Training this Thursday: Introduction to Environmental Sanitation - by: cmason October 20, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites