For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Disability and inclusion- follow on from the webinar - by: Petra October 30, 2014Since many of you wanted to continue the exchange of knowledge, ideas and questions, I have set this thread up here. Please feel free to share experiences, comments and questions. I will later post the link to the recording and other resources here too. Petra
- Re: Software to identify and quantify pathogenic helminth eggs (University Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico) - by: muench October 30, 2014Dear Cati from the WTR Team at UNAM, I am learning so much about helminth infections from you in this thread, it is really great. Thank you very much! I just have a small question about the table that you attached above (I attach a modified version of the table, that you sent me by e-mail, below). Maybe it is a silly question. But you have listed the infecti […]
- Photo Competition: Picturing CLTS - by: Petra October 30, 2014A picture speaks a thousand words’ – so we are looking for photographs that can help us communicate CLTS and related areas visually. We are looking for photos that meet one or several of the following criteria: They depict the CLTS approach and/or show different types of CLTS activities, tell a story about what has happened as a result of CLTS, speak to one […]
- Re: Seminar: Rural Sanitation in Brazil and Latin America, Vitória - BR - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014Thanks for the hint. Can't make it for this one, but I will be in South America (mainly Chile, Peru and Bolivia) for a few months starting in December and I hope there are some interesting sustainable sanitation related events or projects I can visit. Suggestions are welcome.
- Re: UDDT Wikipedia Page - by: muench October 29, 2014OK, I have quickly added a section on "comparison of UDDTs with sewer-based systems" with just those aspects that I think we can state and that are not controversial but well proven, e.g. the issue of pharmaceutical residues: en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Urine...wer-based_sanitation Made me realise we might need a separate page on reuse activ […]
- Disability and inclusion- follow on from the webinar - by: Petra October 30, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites