For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Sanitation Product Development for Sub-Saharan Africa - affordable, aspirational latrine products, SaTo (American Standard Brands, USA and Water for People) - by: FranzH September 15, 2014I have seen this in Delhi and find it the most cost effective innovation for pit latrines ever! I allows you to convert a stinky place into a really IMPROVED facility at a very affordable cost. Was also surprised that in Kampala this is not only applied by Water for People (the official partner) but other NGOs as well! So in my view it is being understood an […]
- Re: Is there a difference between faecal sludge and septage? - The issue of confusing terminology - by: muench September 15, 2014Dear all, This has been a very interesting discussion, where once again I learned a lot. Thank you. What I found interesting is that right from the start, we discovered a discrepancy between the Sandec Compendium definition and the wikipedia page entry. Sandec Compendium: Septage: A historical term to define sludge removed from septic tanks. Wikipedia (en.wi […]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? Too much ecosan in SuSanA? - by: joeturner September 15, 2014KaiMikkel wrote: Might I suggest a friendly amendment? If so, how about, "So yes, in theory, treated sludge is safe to apply to land". I offer this because, after all, the federal regulations surrounding sludge (as least in North America) only require the testing and control of a few heavy metals (maybe PCB's in some cases) and a few indicator […]
- Re: Problem with accessing SuSanA's new website - by: cecile September 15, 2014Dear Elizabeth, I am using Mozilla Firefox. I googled SuSanA several times yesterday and this morning and did find www.susana.org but I got an error message when I clicked on the link. I managed to access the new website through the link you provided : www.susana.org/en/resources/research and then went to the home page. Now it seems the problem is solved. Ma […]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? Too much ecosan in SuSanA? - by: Florian September 15, 2014Sewered sanitation already serves basically all persons in Europe and North America, and the majority of the urban population of the rest of the world. We may think about this system what we want, call it outdated or legacy or other things, but there is little doubt that this system is going to stay with us for quite some time. So simply damning this system […]
- Re: Sanitation Product Development for Sub-Saharan Africa - affordable, aspirational latrine products, SaTo (American Standard Brands, USA and Water for People) - by: FranzH September 15, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites