For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Short recap of IWA conference on sustainable wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery in Kathmandu - by: JKMakowka November 21, 2014Marijn Zandee wrote: • Grey water separation and decentralized treatment (same for rainwater), is totally feasible. It should be promoted much more “aggressively”. Separated storm-water sewers with decentralized infiltration are usually discarded because of seemingly much higher costs. However this rarely takes into consideration the larger impacts on the ov […]
- Re: Structuring of the fecal sludge market for the benefit of poor households in Dakar, Senegal (ONAS) - optimising faecal sludge emptying, transportation, processing - by: Onasbv November 21, 2014Dear Madam /Sir, Thank you to find below the link of the Facebook account in french of the Program of Structuring of Fecal Sludge Market for the Benefit of poor households in Dakar (PSMBV). You are most welcome in our Facebook account and you can find all the informations and the news about the PSMBV inside. www.facebook.com/onasbv Good reception. Aissatou B […]
- Re: The Sanitation Ladder - by: Makgatha November 21, 2014Dear Mughal, In support of the comments submitted by Florian. Recent developments are that the sanitation ladder should NO longer be viewed in the context of technology, i.e. the ladder being technology prescriptive but rather be based on meeting particular criterion. This will at least make it easy for measuring progress (on sanitation provision) using a st […]
- Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene November - December 2014 Vol. 9 No.6 edition now released - by: mwaniki November 21, 2014Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene This is the November - December 2014 Vol. 9 No.6 You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/virtual-magazine or afriwater.org/publication/online-magazines . You can also download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications Comments are welcome. Kind regards St […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 21, 2014great feedback Chris From a marketing point of view, I am wondering if the attributes of your system could be packaged into a simple "Bog in a Bucket" type offering (name may need work - or maybe not) 0- and whether it would assist in uptake? I offer the below for discussion - and future collaboration for UDDT converts and believers:) For example,i […]
- Re: Short recap of IWA conference on sustainable wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery in Kathmandu - by: JKMakowka November 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites