For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Developing urine diversion systems in a developed world context - by: muench October 23, 2014Dear all, The Canadian company Ostara has been mentioned a few times in this thread, so when I saw their promotional video today mentioned on their twitter account (@OstaraTech) I thought that some of you might be interested in it: I think it's quite a nice little video. And Kai was right to point out that the crystals (fertiliser) that they produce com […]
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: Emilio October 23, 2014the bafle between the two chambers is to,(as noted) prevent floating solids and scum to pass to the second chamber but tecnically is better to use a T than an elbow as with a T it is possible to clean or declog opening the lid without trouble. The use of a second chamber or a direct conection to a soak away and the pollution of water table depends on the pop […]
- Re: Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: Maria123 October 23, 2014Dear Harold The dry system is used in poor communities, areas where flush-toilets will be too expensive. The Otji-Toilets are mostly found in the south of Namibia and the rural areas around the Otjiwarongo District. I hope I have answered your question. Greetings Maria
- Re: Reseach Topic Assistance - Otji toilets (UDDTs) in Namibia - by: Maria123 October 23, 2014The institution does have laboratories but the problem is that they are not in the same area. The research area will be in the south of Namibia while the institution is in the center of the country. It will be quiet costly having to travel back and forth because I didn't receive any funding for my research yet. However it would be interesting though to […]
- Faecal sludge technolologies in Malawi- modified treadle pump (pit pump) prototype - by: willychipeta October 23, 2014Note by moderator: See related thread here: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/99-fae...i-urban-mzuzu-malawi ++++++++++++ My name is Willy Chipeta and I am 28 years old and pursuing a Master of Science in Sanitation by Research through the Department of Water Resource Management and Development at Mzuzu University in Malawi. I started the program in February […]
- Re: Developing urine diversion systems in a developed world context - by: muench October 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites