For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- CLTS Debate, prompted by UNICEF official - by: DavidAlan September 17, 2014I understand there has been a robust debate between Kamal Kar, IDS and a senior UNICEF official concerning CLTS and its effectiveness. This was subsequent to KK's book launch in Stockholm. Does anybody have information on the basis of the debate, or where such a debate is taking place? I am aware that KK said at WWW that the majority of pits dug because […]
- Civil Society Side Events in NY this week - by: alysonnhayes September 17, 2014The Global Citizens' Forum on Sustainable Development will be hosting 2 side events at the New York Academy of Medicine during the 69th United Nations General Assembly Meeting. Attached, please find the concept notes and flyers for these events. Event details are as follows: Topic: Urban Health in Sustainable Development Date: September 20, 2014 Time: 1 […]
- Fundraising effort by the 'Resource-based Sanitation' group (as part of a MOOC on Social Entrepreneurship by Copenhagen Business School) - by: Emery September 16, 2014Dear members of SuSanA, I am taking a Massive Open On-line Course (MOOC), "Social Entrepreneurship", offered by Copenhagen Business School, a as a way forward of what I learned during the Singapore BoP World convention during which we had the 'Global Sanitation Business Matchmaking' (bopworldconvention.org/sanitationbusinessmatchmaking.ht […]
- Publication of the first edition of the WASH 4 All Comic Book Series offered for free announced by Horizon International and MediaBFI. - by: jselendy September 16, 2014NEW HAVEN, CT. Tuesday, September 16, 2014 –The publication of “Schoolchildren Battle Malaria and Other Diseases,” the first edition of “WASH 4 All,” a comic book series being offered for free throughout the world announced was today by Horizon International and MediaBFI. “WASH 4 ALL” (water, sanitation and hygiene for all) comic book series and short animat […]
- A new short documentary film, "Behind The Data: The People Who Make Research Happen", on Sandec's YouTube channel! - by: donahupa September 16, 2014A new short documentary film, "Behind The Data: The People Who Make Research Happen" is available on the Sandec YouTube channel: The film, written and narrated by Liz Tilley, highlights the work done in rural communities by the people who were instrumental in collecting and recording data for a sanitation-based research project. These are the peopl […]
- CLTS Debate, prompted by UNICEF official - by: DavidAlan September 17, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites