For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: "Most progressive water utility in Africa” wins 2014 Stockholm Industry Water Award - by: scottchen August 22, 2014Hi, Eliesabeth: Thank you for the detailed information given to me. It is hilly area and the households have enough space for the gardening work. The urine can be used for growing vegetables where can be grown throughout the year. If there were an research opportunity for the reuse of urine and dried feaces, i would like to go there to demonstrate my practic […]
- Docoumentry Film "The Curse" on Menstrual Hygiene - by: SonikaHEEALS August 22, 2014Watch Our New Documentary Film!! " The Curse" The 4-minute, 5-second documentary, on the theme Water Sanitation, Menstrual Hygiene and Girl Education, features the life of a young girl and her experiences at home with regard to sanitation and hygiene. Date of release of the documentary film “The Curse “on Menstrual Hygiene was June 30th, 2014. The […]
- Re: The ACF WASH in Nutrition team is developing 3 posters which aim at explaining the links between WASH and Nutrition - by: Taber August 22, 2014Hi, Carlotta -- These are very much needed. Would it be possible to provide a poster template on which nationals could paste the info in their own language? Thank you. Taber Hand, Wetlands Work! - Cambodia
- Re: Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: JKMakowka August 22, 2014Reading between the lines this seams to be a case of badly constructed dry toilets (rainwater can enter), done by uninterested bureaucrats ("communities need to change mindset"), and last but not least overloading of the systems due to public use. I think especially the last part seems relevant (also to answer the smell issue). These seem to be mor […]
- Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: muench August 22, 2014This article about problems with dry toilets in Namibia is quite interesting, even though it is rather vague and raises more questions for me than it answers: www.namibian.com.na/indexx.php?id=16820&...il&category_id=1 Communities unhappy with dry toilet project By Theresia Tjihenuna, Ndanki Kahiurika GOVERNMENT’S plan to construct over 6 500 dry pit […]
- Re: "Most progressive water utility in Africa” wins 2014 Stockholm Industry Water Award - by: scottchen August 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites