For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Festival toilets in Europe (Great Britain, France, Germany, ...) - by: Kevinkuhn November 22, 2014Hey everybody, I just saw this topic recently and think I should also introduce my company for composting toilets for festivals. We are EcoToiletten (German for Ecotoilets) and are based in Berlin. We started in 2013 and did 50 Events in our area so far and gained a lot of experience from that. www.ecotoiletten.de. We see a great potential in Germany for com […]
- Re: New video!! Innovation in Urban Sanitation: FaME and U-ACT research in Sub-Saharan Africa - by: christoph November 22, 2014Dear Linda, very nice video, covering the whole chain. hope you get clics in the range of millions. especially the way towards use for burning seems an interesting approach, I think this depends VERY much on how we can bring costs down for drying. If that is possible it might be THE solution. Thank you. Christoph
- Invention Gets Wastewater to Wash Itself - by: mwaniki November 22, 2014Dear All ‘Invention Gets Wastewater to Wash Itself’ A new invention known as a Virtual Curtain tries to take some of the effort out of treating wastewater by enlisting contaminants as cleaning agents. This article may be found in the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Nov – Dec 2014 edition posted in the forum just the other day. It first appeared in Wat […]
- Re: New video!! Innovation in Urban Sanitation: FaME and U-ACT research in Sub-Saharan Africa - by: ben November 22, 2014Dear Linda, Thanks fo sharing, and congratulation to the Eawag team you're always very good at sharing knowledge and research through nice videos and publications. I'd be curious to know how much you increased the rate of trucks de-sludging in facilities making them free access. In Phnom penh where law inforcment was totally ineffective cause only […]
- Re: Short recap of IWA conference on sustainable wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery in Kathmandu - by: Marijn Zandee November 22, 2014Dear Kris, Separated storm-water sewers with decentralized infiltration are usually discarded because of seemingly much higher costs. However this rarely takes into consideration the larger impacts on the overall water cycle and dropping ground-water tables (and salt-water intrusion in coastal cities). I think most of the experts agree on this though, it is […]
- Re: Festival toilets in Europe (Great Britain, France, Germany, ...) - by: Kevinkuhn November 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites