- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: christoph October 24, 2014Dear Blake and Dennis, Let me try to answer something to your concerns. Compexity ... yes the whole service model is complex as you attend separately urine, feces and grey water - therefore it is a service model for a utility. But as a utility service it is farily easy comparing to the compexity of operating a sewer and a treatment plant. BUT if you do it li […]
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: Florian October 24, 2014rhockkh wrote: From the guidance I'm receiving from this forum and other sources, it seems that the use of this baffle if correctly placed, will allow for safer water to drain into the second soakaway tank. Would you agree? Hi Richard, as Emilio also explained, yes, it would be good to have an elbow or a T between the two tanks. Proper placement of the […]
- Re: SafiChoo Story - by: canaday October 24, 2014Hi SafiChoo, You may find interesting this Japanese toilet for sitting or squatting (... even though it does not seem to be urine-diverting) vimeo.com/26711948 Best wishes, Chris Canaday
- Re: Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: canaday October 24, 2014Dear Maria, You would not need a full laboratory. It should be enough to have a microscope (and maybe a centrifuge, depending on the protocol) to look for Ascaris eggs, so maybe there is a Malaria lab or a university that can give you access to a microscope. I think we should optimally work out a protocol that only requires a microscope, as discussed here: f […]
- Re: Debate about effectiveness of CLTS, prompted by UNICEF official after book launch about CLTS in Madagascar - by: sengel October 24, 2014Thanks David for raising these important questions. In Indonesia, where I have done some research, their answer was to provide free concrete rings and liners - despite the CLTS hostility to subsidies. Yet this then raised the next issue of what happens when the pit is full and CLTS doesn't adequately or at all address this - it is meant to be dealt with […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: christoph October 24, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites