- Re: Sanitation interventions during Ebola epidemic - by: jonpar October 21, 2014many thanks Roslyn for sharing this and thanks for SuSanA members for your contributions... I have shared this with my colleagues here at Oxfam GB. best regards, Jonathan
- Re: Deactivation of viruses (notably ebola virus) in feacal sludges from emergencies health centres - by: jonpar October 21, 2014Many thanks. I am not sure if the greywater is mixed or not (I would need to find out). Good point about the anti-biotics and disinfectants .. need to consider these for other microbiological processes too.. UV is effective but as you say the stream would have to be very clear so not so sure that would work.. maybe ovens but I doubt they will have been desig […]
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: JKMakowka October 21, 2014Great video, thanks for sharing. Maybe it would make sense to integrate exchangeable plasic fibre bags directly into the toilet design so that manually transferring the material from the vaults to the bags for transportation isn't necessary?
- Re: Sanitation chair for disabled. Supplier - by: Alfonso October 21, 2014Thank you very much for your quick response Doreen. I have already contact them. Regards,
- Re: Deactivation of viruses (notably ebola virus) in feacal sludges from emergencies health centres - by: JKMakowka October 21, 2014Lime seems like a great way of reducing pathogenic bacteria loads like in the case of cholera etc. (i.e. infectious dosis is relatively high and bacteria are often more sensitive to changes in environmental conditions). For virus based illnesses like Ebola it seems much less suitable, not only because of the issues in handling the lime. In addition I could i […]
- Re: Sanitation interventions during Ebola epidemic - by: jonpar October 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites