Innovative monitoring tools such as the Qualitative Information System (QIS), sanitation ladders and SenseMaker® are being used in a programme that seeks to provide sustainable sanitation and hygiene services to almost 55 million people in Bangladesh.
- Re: NEW WSUP PUBLICATION: FSM services in Lusaka - moving up the excreta management ladder - by: JKMakowka July 23, 2014Thanks for posting about this. As I am currently supporting a project here in Uganda which aims to setup something very similar but has yet to decide on a final design for the sludge drying beds, I was intrigued by the picture on the second page (a transparent roof would be really useful here in Uganda too). Any chance you could share the design documents fo […]
- Re: How can I format the text in my own post? (making words bold, underlined, using bullet point lists...) - by: F H Mughal July 23, 2014Dear Joe, Thanks for your feedback. That was interesting Dear Elisabeth, Thanks for the enlightenment. I’m sure, new forum users will benefit from your response. Please help me out on these minor points: Why the font type and size is always the same, when we hit the submit button? Is user at liberty to make a change? About publications, you say: “However, yo […]
- Handbook for Plumbers on Household connectivity - by: rahulsharma July 23, 2014Dear Susana members, Greetings from New Delhi, India... GIZ had supported six Indian cities for City Sanitation Plan (CSP) preparation. During the CSP process, it was observed that unrestricted sewage discharge through households is mostly related to improper connectivity to septic tanks / sewerage systems etc. Therefore to achieve improved household level c […]
- NEW WSUP PUBLICATION: FSM services in Lusaka - moving up the excreta management ladder - by: gbastin July 23, 2014Despite most residents of African and Asian cities depending on non-sewered sanitation, only a handful of sanitation authorities have addressed the management of faecal sludge from these systems. This Practice Note describes the launch of a faecal sludge management (FSM) service in the peri-urban area of Kanyama.
- Re: re.source: Mobile Sanitation Services for Dense Urban Slums (Stanford University, USA) - by: DavidAlan July 23, 2014There are some good points here, perhaps most importantly about scavenging. Early liaison with the local authorities to explain about ecosan is vital. I would also say that you need to have a model village to which you can show future villagers. Work in clusters that are adjacent to each other and peer groups become your best motivators. Train and educate yo […]
- Re: NEW WSUP PUBLICATION: FSM services in Lusaka - moving up the excreta management ladder - by: JKMakowka July 23, 2014
- SuSanA news mail May 2014 June 2, 2014Dear SuSanA members and partners, The May news mail with the latest news from SuSanA and SuSanA partners was sent to 4939 subscribers and contained the following topics: 1. New Head of the SuSanA secretariat! (http://www.susana.org/lang-en/news/news-mail-archive/2014/256-2014-newsletter/937-susana-news-mail-may-2014#1._new_head_of_the_SuSanA_secretariat) As […]
- SuSanA news mail March 2014 March 4, 2014Dear SuSanA members and partners, This news mail informs you about the latest news from SuSanA and the SuSanA partners. The newsmail is sent to 4688 subscribers and contains the following topics: 1. SuSanA cities working group meeting in Delhi, India on 23 March 2014 2. SuSanA Breaking the taboo sanitation cartoon competition 3. Preparation underway to launc […]
- SuSanA news mail May 2014 June 2, 2014
Add to favourites