Miranda Wang and Jeanny Yao have identified a new bacteria that breaks down nasty compounds called phthalates, common to flexible plastics and linked to health problems. And they’re still teenagers.
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: christoph August 26, 2014Dear all, only now I got right what pawan wants do to and I can only agree with Hans. I am using a constructed wetland (we call it sludge mineralization bed) since 8 years with about 150 kg dry solids/a (rough estimation as no real data) without any problems and it is still not full. Volume reduces VERY largly. Important is: exchange between beds and longer […]
- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: smecca August 26, 2014Mougabe and all, The GSAP Microflush toilet makes effective use of e. fetida in the filter-digester bed. The mass and pathogen reduction are amazing and the compost quality is high. Size and loading of the digester is important as are the environmental conditions (temperature, pH, moisture, oxygen and C/N ratio). Our toilets are made by trained local MAKERs […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: HAPitot August 26, 2014Dear Krishan, dear Pawan, If I am talking of constructed wetlands for sludge disposal, I am talking about vertical flow wetlands which are constructed similar to sand drying beds only that they are planted with swamp plants (macrophytes) or at least water tolerant plants and care is taken that they don't ever get completely dry (even though that is some […]
- Re: Training sessions with pit emptiers in Mombasa, Kenya, using the Gulper: training materials we might use in our trainings? - and incentives - by: Doreen August 26, 2014Dear Rachel, Thank you for the information that you have provided. I had the chance to meet with Ashley last week and we discussed a little about the work of Pivot in Mombasa. In addition, I also gave her information about the current developments of the UBSUP programme. For more information, please visit this thread: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/97-ena […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: pkjha August 26, 2014Drear All I got information from the book Faecal Sludge Management by EAWAG/IWA published in 2014. I am thankful to Florian for his suggestion to go through the book. There are other books/ reports on different aspects of FSM published by EAWAG/SANDEC. Kevin has rightly mention regarding loading of 100-200 kg TS /m2 of filter bed. There is also suggestion th […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: christoph August 26, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites