WASHTech aims to facilitate cost effective investments in technologies for sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services. The WASHTech Technology Assessment Framework is a tool for identifying blockages to sustainability and scalability.
- Re: Does Global Progress on Sanitation Really Lag behind Water? - by: JKMakowka December 22, 2014This is basically just "playing" with numbers and statistics (as one could argue is most of the MDG discussion). In most situations neither community water (shared handpumps) nor sanitation access is adequate for the commonly agreed on health targets. But community water access is easier to get funded and usually the demand for it is also higher. B […]
- Re: "Pulling" away from Open Defecation via Aspirational Marketing - by: denniskl December 22, 2014Chris, it looks a great course and I have joined for january 12th start (and recommend it others as well) also see email I sent you re the ASEAN 3 Programmes
- Re: Gut dysbiosis/malabsorption syndrome is rampant due to poor sanitation - by: KeithBell December 22, 2014Here's a new article along with two new open access papers regarding infant and maternal mortality and poor sanitation: A matter of birth and death: unsafe conditions still killing new mothers and newborns www.lshtm.ac.uk/newsevents/news/2014/matter_birth_death.html The companion paper about Tanzania is interesting as I've recently learned about th […]
- Re: "Pulling" away from Open Defecation via Aspirational Marketing - by: canaday December 22, 2014Hi Dennis, I just found an online course that is directly relevant to this marketing endeavor: www.coursera.org/course/subsistence - - - Subsistence Marketplaces by Madhu Viswanathan of the University of Illinois USA Gain knowledge about subsistence marketplaces and use it in different parts of the world to make a difference. The broader aim of this course i […]
- Re: Video about two dry sanitation service models by utilities in Peru - by: canaday December 22, 2014Dear Christoph and everyone else involved, Congratulations on this spectacular project. It was great to see (in the video) such a diversity of competant Peruvian professionals participating in the project. Comments: -- The UD inserts seem very practical and sturdy. How much do they cost? Could they be sold to projects in neighboring Ecuador? -- The UDDTs are […]
- Re: Does Global Progress on Sanitation Really Lag behind Water? - by: JKMakowka December 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites