The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Re: Bokashi and Sanitation? - by: muench December 28, 2014Thanks for this, Kevin. If Bokashi is the same thing as EM (Effective Micro-organisms), then people who have an interest in that should also read this thread on the forum from 2012-2013 with the title: Additives for pits, septic tanks, lagoons (faecal sludge). (includes EM) forum.susana.org/forum/categories/53-fae...l-sludge-includes-em Regards, Elisabeth […]
- Re: Bokashi and Sanitation? - by: kevintayler December 28, 2014Dear All Bokashi is related to 'Effective Micro-organisms' or EM, which were 'discovered' by a Japanese professor perhaps 25 years ago. I think that the bokashi that is used as a fertilizer is made by adding EM to ordinary compost. EM consists of a cocktail of microorganisms and lactic acid. You will find many claims for EM on the interne […]
- Re: Festival toilets in Europe (Great Britain, France, Germany, ...) - by: Pootopia December 28, 2014[Start of Page 3 of the discussion] We are now very ready to go to supply up to 1200 loos into the german festival market.. So it is now not a problem regarding supplying events with how ever many they need. We are really looking forward to hearing from different people and businesses who may be interested in using the Natural Event loos and systems in a fra […]
- Re: Featured User of the month December 2014 - Cécile Laborderie from France (Interview - Part 3) - by: Myango1 December 28, 2014Madame Cécile, I am a Congolese by nationality,medical doctor and Public Health officer by professional currently working in Northern Uganda in post conflict areas. First,I would like to wish you and your family Happy new year 2015 Secondly,I do appreciate so much your background and general opinion toward sanitation! Indeed if we have super powers, one thin […]
- Re: feces box - dry or damp - by: MichaelCarr December 28, 2014thank you all for your input; much appreciated. I was under the impression the feces / cover material should be kept damp. best regards. Mike To Chris: I have designed my own UDDT and have Prototype 1 fabricated in fibreglass. I will send you a photo file privately as I don't want it out in the public / main forum yet. cheers
- Re: Bokashi and Sanitation? - by: muench December 28, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites