Sanitation experts at IRC have compiled the first version of a reference guide on low-cost sanitation for non-sewered service models, SanPack for short. Dr Christine Sijbesma and Joep Verhagen have collected materials that cover services for all stages of the sanitation life cycle, from preparation activities to the emptying, recycling and productive use of toilet contents. Per stage you can find a short intro text and links that lead you to relevant documents on a specific topic.
- Re: Developing urine diversion systems in a developed world context - by: noe-hays October 31, 2014One point of clarification: an earlier post in this thread made reference to "Rich Earth Ostara" and I just want to point out that those are two different organizations. The Rich Earth Institute collects pure urine from UDDTs and waterless urinals for treatment and reuse in liquid form, while Ostara reactors typically extract struvite from centrali […]
- Sanitation Research for the 21st Century, 18th Nov, London - by: AParker October 30, 2014Tuesday 18th November 2014, 6:00 - 8:00 pm, Royal Opera Arcade Gallery, Pall Mall, London SW1Y 4UY Staged within the WSUP “My Toilet” photography exhibition space, this exciting event will offer an opportunity to catch up on the multi-faceted sanitation research currently being carried out by WSUP and Cranfield University: find out what we and our partners a […]
- Help fund the 25$ portable washing-machine from India - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014Found this pretty interesting innovation from India: trak.in/tags/business/2014/10/29/portabl...ne-priced-rs1500-25/ www.indiegogo.com/projects/unique-bucket...mini-washing-machine Interestingly they also specifically mention it as saving water compared to regular hand-washing and also being more hygienic when washing things separately. Sadly no solar powere […]
- Re: Survey to help with final year product design project on sanitation within a developing country. - by: BStalker October 30, 2014Was this the one at the prison? I was there for that, was funny to see
- Re: Survey to help with final year product design project on sanitation within a developing country. - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014Ah, by the way: Future FSM entrepreneurs at work in Kampala (was taken on the World Water Day earlier this year).
- Re: Developing urine diversion systems in a developed world context - by: noe-hays October 31, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites