Marking the 10th anniversary of the formation of the African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW), the 4th Africa Water Week will celebrate AMCOW’s achievements and reflect on opportunities for achieving water security and adequate sanitation in Africa. Over 1,000 participants are expected.
- Industrial Ultrasound in redesigned toilet seat - by: dineshbr November 24, 2014This is my first post on the proof of concept towards a novel way of trying to reduce wash water use and accelerate waste settling time. We have commenced work and will post the progress with lot more details in weeks to come. Please find basic information about the project in the attached or copied below. Dinesh Bindiganavale Pradin Technologies +++++++++++ […]
- Your brain on climate change - lessons for sanitation? - by: ggalli November 24, 2014Hi all , I was reading an article today "Your brain on climate change" (see www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business...nvironment-elections). It is a neuropsychological analysis on why climate change is not taken seriously by many voter and organisations despite the overwhelming evidence. I found that much of what is said in the article could also […]
- Re: History of ecosan - Causes for abandoning recovery of nutrients from human excreta - by: madeleine November 24, 2014Hi Scott & all Good to hear from you! Just to say you need to be very persistent when it comes to regulations. Her is an extract from the document that guarantee that it ´s allowed to use CERTIFIED treated urine, blackwater and sludge . The technical requirements are all in Swedish but the abstract is in English and intersting to share. So maybe that is […]
- Re: History of ecosan - Causes for abandoning recovery of nutrients from human excreta - by: bracken November 24, 2014Dear all, In my opinion there is one definitive text written on the history of reuse: "Feed or Feedback: Agriculture, Population Dynamics and the State of the Planet" written by the emeritus professor in biological sciences, by A. Duncan-Brown - an absolute must read, not only for those interested in the history of reuse, but on the global impacts […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: madeleine November 24, 2014Dear Dennis There are large scale of urine separation toilets where urine is collected reused in the fast growing suburb in a Mega city . One example is in the La Paz where more than 1OOO households are benefitting from the system. I am on my way I to visit Sumaj Huase and the Water utiliity in El Alto and I will be happy to report back in the mean time read […]
- Industrial Ultrasound in redesigned toilet seat - by: dineshbr November 24, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites