Marking the 10th anniversary of the formation of the African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW), the 4th Africa Water Week will celebrate AMCOW’s achievements and reflect on opportunities for achieving water security and adequate sanitation in Africa. Over 1,000 participants are expected.
- Compendium of Accessible WASH Technologies - by: F H Mughal December 22, 2014Three big names in water, sanitation and hygiene, WEDC, WaterAid and SHARE (Sanitation and Hygiene Applied Research for Equity), have developed a useful publication on WASH facilities for the disables. Authored by Hazel Jones and Jane Wilbur, 2014, the publication is titled: Compendium of accessible WASH technologies. The compendium gives low-cost technologi […]
- IWC online course 'An Introduction to WASH for Development' - by: IWC December 22, 2014The International WaterCentre (IWC) is offering a new 10 week online training course, 'An Introduction to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) for Development', a highly interactive program that empowers development practitioners with an understanding of the fundamentals of the WASH sector in low and middle income countries. Students will be introd […]
- Re: Toilet certification - by: ben December 21, 2014Dear all, Very interesting topic, I'm not the best one to talk about the french approach but here is a link to the quality charter of the RAE (dry toilet association, main actors on the topic in france). For the non-french readers, this is about the philosophy any dry toilet renter should apply : Confort of users / sensible composting / prevention-awarn […]
- Re: Pathogen concentration in untreated fecal sludge - by: KeithBell December 21, 2014Susannah, the "hygiene hypothesis" doesn't hold much weight in view of high rates of infant and maternal mortality now associated with poor sanitation. Gut dysbiosis/malabsorption syndrome is rampant due to poor sanitation, finally being acknowledged in mainstream media. But I still like your point and believe we should also focus on how a tox […]
- Re: Nice and quick overview about constructed wetland's historical developments, by David AUSTIN, USA - by: F H Mughal December 21, 2014That is a nice brief publication on wetlands' history. I think, USEPA has been instrumental in the use of wetlands. The attached publication, a joint publication of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Environmental Protection Agency,Army Corps of Engineers, Fish and Wildlife Service, and Natural Resources Conservation Service, is a guide on […]
- Compendium of Accessible WASH Technologies - by: F H Mughal December 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites