Which issues will sanitation and hygiene practitioners focus on in Asia? This was the question posed to the more than 50 professionals attending the 3rd Asia Regional Sanitation and Hygiene Practitioners Workshop which ends today in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Based on the above “learning cloud”, sludge management appears to be a major concern.
- Re: Performance Assessment Systems (PAS) for Urban Water Supply and Sanitation in India (CEPT University, India) - by: aasimmansuri November 28, 2014Dear Mr. F.H Mughal, Thanks for showing interest in our project, yes you have rightly mentioned that this system has its application in all the urban local bodies (around 400 +) of Gujarat and Maharasthra. Also, septic tanks in India are considered as an integral part of the urban sanitation systems. As per recent census of India 2011 information around 38 % […]
- Re: Bringing Sanitation Innovations to Market (B-SIM) (WSUP, UK and Ghana, Zambia, Kenya, Bangladesh) - by: muench November 28, 2014Dear Tyler, Thank you for the very detailed and open description of the progress you have made with this project so far ("Bringing Sanitation Innovations to Market") in 4 countries, with a focus on Zambia and Bangladesh in this post. Very interesting to read. One thing I don't fully understand: what will be at the core of your business in term […]
- Re: Some changes to the forum categories - by: dorothee.spuhler November 28, 2014Hi Elisabeth Thanks for all this work! One thought: It is not totally intuitive to me how you have designed the categories "sanitation systems" and "resource recovery". A few questions that come up to my mind when I look at them: - Does "system" refer to technological system": means the technologies required along the sanit […]
- Re: Comparative study on the different types of toilets in India - by: pkjha November 28, 2014Hi Vagisha You can find all these and other technologies in the book- Compendium of sanitation systems and technologies, by EAWAG, except Sulabh and DRDO technologies. Sulabh technology is a standard two leach pit pour flush toilet. Nothing is new there. DRDO technology is anaerobic baffle reactor with media as nylon/ plastic sheets. All these are included i […]
- Re: Performance Indicators for Small Town Sanitation (in Uganda) - by: muench November 28, 2014Dear Fredrick, You mentioned that the performance indicators set up by the PAS project in India to monitor performance of water & sanitation utilities / services (forum.susana.org/forum/categories/97-ena...ept-university-india) are not really very applicable to your situation with small towns in Uganda. You said it's because you have a much higher r […]
- Re: Performance Assessment Systems (PAS) for Urban Water Supply and Sanitation in India (CEPT University, India) - by: aasimmansuri November 28, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites