Barbara Evans, chief rapporteur at WSSCC’s Global Forum, discusses the world’s sanitation challenges, themes from the conference, and highlights a couple of inspirational presentations.
- Re: Sanitation for All - by: christoph August 31, 2014Dear all, seems to be that we are coming back to the issue we discussed quite a lot already (and maybe not enough). How can a treatment for fecal matter be assured? Dear Mwaniki, I did not get your point. I guess Brian Arbogast did not refer to wastewater recycling, I understand he referred to the aspect, that a toilet does not solve the problem where the fe […]
- Re: Sanitation for All - by: mwaniki August 30, 2014I think you have jumped into conclusions without researching the subject matter. DD Mara, S Cairncross, in their “Guidelines for the safe use of wastewater and excreta in agriculture and aquaculture: measures for public health protection” clearly talk of “………. new knowledge indicating that the recycling of wastewater and excreta can now be managed in ways th […]
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: Sowmya August 30, 2014From a technical perspective, can the effects of wastewater disposal in deep wells be similar to carbon sequestration (CS)? The US EPA page on CS states the following: After capture, carbon dioxide (CO2) is compressed and then transported to a site where it is injected underground for permanent storage (also known as “sequestration”). CO2 is commonly transpo […]
- Re: Catalyzing Sanitation Businesses (Water for People, USA, Malawi, Uganda, India) - by: smunyana August 30, 2014Report from Unclogging the Blockages in Sanitation Conference held in Kampala in February 2014
- Re: Stirling engines running on biogas - by: GrahamK August 30, 2014You can follow the UK discussion at: www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&ite...mp;ut=3QFOmpL2PYr6o1 You will see that I am urging them to consider getting funding so a small unit can be developed for use in rural Africa. There are a number of schemes (both EU & USA) where funding will be available for electricity projects. So far as I know there is no w […]
- Re: Sanitation for All - by: christoph August 31, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites