The Briefing Note “Mapping EU Support for Sanitation in Africa”, published by the EU Water Initiative (EUWI) Africa Working Group, is based on a full study by WEDC in association with Hydroconseil. The purpose of the study is to obtain an overview of the status of the involvement of EU Member States and the European Commission in sanitation-related activities in Africa. It is anticipated that the findings of this work will have the potential to be used for both arguing for greater priority for sanitation within the international architecture and also for individual donors to use in discussing their own Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- The Nutritional Value of Toilets - by: F H Mughal October 23, 2014Has anybody ever seen the nutritional value of toilets - so to say? No, I reckon, the obvious answer. O.Kay, then follow this link and enjoy!! www.everywomaneverychild.org/news-events...nal-value-of-toilets F H Mughal
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: rhockkh October 23, 2014Dear Florian, Thanks for your response - very interesting. Essentially, I'm wondering if the additional piping (see red pipe in attachment 2) will ensure that 'safer' water will drain into the second soakaway tank than the original piping set up in attachment 1? Richard
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: KeithBell October 22, 2014Chris, thanks for posting that new BBC program about pharmaceuticals in wastewater. They open the program with discussion of intersex fish downstream of WWTP blamed on estrogenic pharmaceuticals such as birth control pills. But compared to natural estrogens excreted from everyone's intestines, this appears to be a minute fraction of the problem. Who […]
- Re: sanitation 21 - by: jonpar October 22, 2014Dear F H Mughal, Thanks very for your message. I agree the document could be longer (although initially we were trying to produce something quite a bit shorter that what is available. It could in fact be a full book but there are two reasons why it isn't Firstly, although it would provide more comprehensive technical guidance, we didn't set out to […]
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: skdentel October 22, 2014Actually, this is a good place to put in a plug for our breathable membrane latrine project, since the fabric will retain trace contaminants within the fecal sludge while it dries. We have not tested this, but it should be the case for any non-volatile pollutants since only vapors pass through. More is here.
- The Nutritional Value of Toilets - by: F H Mughal October 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites