The Briefing Note “Mapping EU Support for Sanitation in Africa”, published by the EU Water Initiative (EUWI) Africa Working Group, is based on a full study by WEDC in association with Hydroconseil. The purpose of the study is to obtain an overview of the status of the involvement of EU Member States and the European Commission in sanitation-related activities in Africa. It is anticipated that the findings of this work will have the potential to be used for both arguing for greater priority for sanitation within the international architecture and also for individual donors to use in discussing their own Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- Faecal sludge technolologies - by: willychipeta October 23, 2014My name is Willy Chipeta and I am 28 years old and pursuing a Master of Science in Sanitation by Research through the Department of Water Resource Management and Development at Mzuzu University in Malawi. I started the program in February 2014 and plan to finish by December 2015. In 2013, the Centre of Excellence in Water and Sanitation was awarded a researc […]
- The Nutritional Value of Toilets - by: F H Mughal October 23, 2014Has anybody ever seen the nutritional value of toilets - so to say? No, I reckon, the obvious answer. O.Kay, then follow this link and enjoy!! www.everywomaneverychild.org/news-events...nal-value-of-toilets F H Mughal
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: rhockkh October 23, 2014Dear Florian, Thanks for your response - very interesting. Essentially, I'm wondering if the additional piping (see red pipe in attachment 2) will ensure that 'safer' water will drain into the second soakaway tank than the original piping set up in attachment 1? Richard
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: KeithBell October 22, 2014Chris, thanks for posting that new BBC program about pharmaceuticals in wastewater. They open the program with discussion of intersex fish downstream of WWTP blamed on estrogenic pharmaceuticals such as birth control pills. But compared to natural estrogens excreted from everyone's intestines, this appears to be a minute fraction of the problem. Who […]
- Re: sanitation 21 - by: jonpar October 22, 2014Dear F H Mughal, Thanks very for your message. I agree the document could be longer (although initially we were trying to produce something quite a bit shorter that what is available. It could in fact be a full book but there are two reasons why it isn't Firstly, although it would provide more comprehensive technical guidance, we didn't set out to […]
- Faecal sludge technolologies - by: willychipeta October 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites