This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Re: Simple urine valves to control odour on waterless urinals or on urine diversion toilets - by: canaday September 16, 2014Dear Ababu, This is an interesting innovation, especially since balloons are so available and inexpensive (and can be replaced whenever needed). What is happening in Photo 8? It seems the elastic string is too tight... and we would not ever want so much urine to pool up. What is wrong with using the inexpensive plastic funnels that are shown? I would be worr […]
- Re: Wastewater reuse scheme in Braunschweig, Germany - is this an ecosan system? Is it good/sustainable? - by: AquaVerde September 16, 2014Dear Kai and dear ALL, Not all nations keeping ignorant, see positive developments of our Dutch neighbors: - Sustainable water-sanitation developments in the Netherlands ("green" decentralized biogas-works+CHPs) I regret, in my opinion we have more and more negative developments like this example going on: - some how Dutch too: Bonaire is a "s […]
- Re: Design parameter for Planted drying beds - by: muench September 16, 2014Welcome to the forum, Bertin. You might also find some useful answers to your research questions in this thread on the forum: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/53-fae...r-septage-management It was called: "Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management". Let us know how you get on and if you have furthe […]
- Re: Design parameter for Planted drying beds - by: JKMakowka September 16, 2014Did you have a close look at the PDB chapter in the FSM book already? www.eawag.ch/forschung/sandec/publikationen/ewm/dl/fsm_8.pdf While I am really not an expert on these systems, it seems to me like the construction design parameters are not possible to establish very well given the high impact of climatic conditions and the likely not very uniform sludge […]
- E-course Governance in Urban Sanitation 2014 - by: Gabriela September 16, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites