For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? Too much ecosan in SuSanA? - by: KaiMikkel September 14, 2014joeturner - You wrote, "Well faecal sludge applied to land in Europe is a) tested and b) risk assessed. So yes, in general, treated sludge is safe to apply to land." Might I suggest a friendly amendment? If so, how about, "So yes, in theory, treated sludge is safe to apply to land". I offer this because, after all, the federal regulations […]
- Re: Is there too much focus on ecosan in the SuSanA discussion forum? - by: KaiMikkel September 14, 2014As I just posted over on the other portion of the original thread, yes, I feel we are spending too much time on "ecological sanitation" when what we should be focused on are real and lasting sanitation solutions, in other words, "sustainable sanitation". [Sigh]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? - by: KaiMikkel September 14, 2014madeleine - thanks for registering your clarification. So, apparently - at least based on SIANI'a definitions - not only have I been employing the "wrong" term all along to describe what it is I'm advocating for, but the phrase I've been relying upon is increasingly being used by industry in a targeted greenwashing campaign to mask t […]
- Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene September - October 2014 Vol. 9 No.5 edition now released - by: mwaniki September 14, 2014Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene This is the September - October 2014 Vol. 9 No.5. You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/virtual-magazine or afriwater.org/publication/online-magazines . You can also download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications Comments are welcome. Kind regards S […]
- Re: Focus on Disability Inclusive Latrines Aren't All About Tech - by: JKMakowka September 14, 2014Somewhat related video from WaterAid-Uganda: youtu.be/XkbwDHUCQCY I also recommend these two documents I recently shared on out website: www.uwasnet.org/Elgg/file/group/626/all#4553
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? Too much ecosan in SuSanA? - by: KaiMikkel September 14, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites