- triggering 3,600 villages and 274 schools in the six districts using Community Led Total Sanitation and School Led Total Sanitation approaches, respectively, and promoting the adoption of improved sanitation and hygiene practices;
- conducting sanitation marketing in support of the triggering;
- developing the capacity of government, civil society organizations and private sector actors in hygiene and sanitation promotion;
- supporting the planning and implementation of sanitation and hygiene activities at district level;
- documenting lessons learnt to help improve programming in sanitation and hygiene.
- Re: Debate about effectiveness of CLTS, prompted by UNICEF official after book launch about CLTS in Madagascar - by: muench October 31, 2014Dear Petra, Thanks for your post although I don't quite know what you are trying to say. Maybe I need to read in between the lines... What prompted you to say this in this thread? OK, I saw from a tweets today: @EvMuench @IDS_UK The CLTS Knowledge Hub, IDS is different from Kamal's org CLTS Foundation which published the book. We had no involvement […]
- WASHplus Weekly: WASH and Ebola - by: campbelldb October 31, 2014Issue 167| Oct 31, 2014 | Focus on WASH and Ebola This issue contains updates on Ebola outbreaks and other recent journal and newspaper articles as well as links to World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) websites on Ebola. Included are WHO/UNICEF factsheets, guidance on making chlorine solution from Tuft […]
- Re: New book on "Anaerobic digestion of organic solid waste" - and interlinkages between waste recycling and sanitation? - by: zurbrugg October 31, 2014Thank you for the feedback and comments on our AD-Handbook. Patrick, I’d like to refer to two textbooks, which provide more details on the fundamental principles of anaerobic treatment processes, incl. biochemistry: - Mata-Alvarez, J. (2003): Biomethanization of the organic fraction of municipal solid wastes. IWA publishing. London - Palmisano, A.C. & Ba […]
- New IDS Working Paper on Re-framing Undernutrition - by: Petra October 31, 2014Hot off the press, a new IDS Working Paper by Robert Chambers (CLTS Knowledge Hub at IDS) and Gregor von Medeazza (UNICEF): Re-framing Undernutrition: Faecally-Transmitted Infections and the 5 As In this IDS Working Paper, Robert Chambers and Gregor von Medeazza argue for a more inclusive framework for thinking about and dealing with undernutrition. One conc […]
- Innovation Grant Programme: Call for concept notes - by: IGP October 31, 2014Dear all, The Innovation Grant Program for Pro-poor Service Delivery is a competitive grant and partnership program that is being implemented by the Millennium Challenge Account-Zambia (MCA-Zambia) with funding provided by the Millennium Challenge Corporation under a Compact signed between the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of Z […]
- Re: Debate about effectiveness of CLTS, prompted by UNICEF official after book launch about CLTS in Madagascar - by: muench October 31, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites