A new IRC paper explores some contributions being made by honey-sucker tanker operators — that renders a small-scale sanitation service informally and within the private sector — on waste (faecal) extraction and, in some cases, reuse. Operating outside the legal framework of waste management, this paper provides preliminary insight into the limitations and potentials of the ‘honey-sucker business’ as a sanitation service model, based on selected experiences in Bengaluru (India).
- Request to VOTE for Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) program in Nepal - by: Thakur September 20, 2014Dear All, I am the Coordinator of the team which has proposed a concept for promotion of Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) in Nepal. The ECOSAN concept is aimed to introduce in rural areas of Nepal through a pilot project. The ECOSAN is a technology about using human urine and composted solid excreta into agriculture. This is intended to help mitigate climate c […]
- Exposure to WASH-borne hazards: A scoping study on peri-urban Ger areas in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - by: nazimuddin September 20, 2014Dear All, Following is the article which has been published recently. You can get free access to the article by using the following link which is valid for 50 days, until November 7, 2014 authors.elsevier.com/a/1PjcziuWmivkF or www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0197397514001295 Title- Exposure to WASH-borne hazards: A scoping study on peri-urban Ger […]
- Re: The Nano Membrane Toilet (Cranfield University, UK) - by: AParker September 19, 2014We are delighted to announce that the Nano Membrane Toilet has received further funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to continue the development of the toilet. This next phase will take us to January 2016 when we will have a prototype ready for field testing. We're really excited to be starting work again after a 6 month break. Read more a […]
- Re: Toilettes sèches en République Démocratique du Congo - by: Myango1 September 19, 2014I am very interested in your discussion I am a medical doctor and public Health specialist, congolese by nationality I would like to advise the primary school as sites pilot in order to try if that technology can work effectively. Find attached the power point of my thesis presentation I would like to hear from you Myango Patient MD,MPH Deputy Medical Direct […]
- Re: sanitation 21 - by: jonpar September 19, 2014Dear all, please find attached the revised edition of Sanitation21. I've uploaded a high resolution and a low resolution version. regards, Jonathan
- Request to VOTE for Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) program in Nepal - by: Thakur September 20, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites