Akvopedia has launched a new water and sanitation portal on sustainability. Developed by Akvo in collaboration with IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre, the portal provides simple outlines of sustainability frameworks, such as the IRC’s Triple-S framework, as well as the FIETS approach, which was developed by the Dutch WASH Alliance and takes into account five key areas of sustainability – financial, institutional, environmental, technical and social. These key areas have been chosen as the five pillars of the portal’s main page.
- Re: 3rd International Conference on Faecal Sludge Management - Vietnam 19-21 January 2015 - by: wasifbashir15 October 22, 2014Respected Sir Trevor and F H Mughal Greetings from Pakistan. HOPE you people will be fine and doing all well. I would love to share with you that I am going to participate in this esteemed learning conference and will present my research study as a speaker from Pakistan. So I will feel pride to support you intellectual & manual for organizing SUSANA Foru […]
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: denniskl October 22, 2014Thank you Christoph will read manuals and docs
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: christoph October 22, 2014Hi Dennis, Krishan and Elisabeth, so many questions. I will try to answer at least some now. Krishan: we always do double vault because we don´t trust. A double vault has a need to collect every 6-12 month, a sack system is dependent on a well functioning service model. I think this might be the future but right now I do not trust these solutions. I think we […]
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: skdentel October 22, 2014Addressing Carol's original inquiry, "deep well" typically means REALLY deep - like >1 km below the surface. The city of Los Angeles has been deep welling their wastewater sludges like this for years, along with some treated effluent. Although the temperature, pressure, and salinity are quite elevated, methanogenic bacteria convert about ha […]
- African Water Facility is announcing Call for Proposals: Calling on African organisations to submit climate-smart water project proposals for funding - by: KatiaT October 21, 2014Calling on African organisations to submit climate-smart water project proposals for funding (Cliquez ici pour la version française / the same text in French is available here: www.africanwaterfacility.org/fr/appelclimatique/ ) African organisations eligible for AWF grants are encouraged to submit to the African Water Facility their proposal for project(s) f […]
- Re: 3rd International Conference on Faecal Sludge Management - Vietnam 19-21 January 2015 - by: wasifbashir15 October 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites