Akvopedia has launched a new water and sanitation portal on sustainability. Developed by Akvo in collaboration with IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre, the portal provides simple outlines of sustainability frameworks, such as the IRC’s Triple-S framework, as well as the FIETS approach, which was developed by the Dutch WASH Alliance and takes into account five key areas of sustainability – financial, institutional, environmental, technical and social. These key areas have been chosen as the five pillars of the portal’s main page.
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: Sowmya August 30, 2014From a technical perspective, can the effects of wastewater disposal in deep wells be similar to carbon sequestration (CS)? The US EPA page on CS states the following: After capture, carbon dioxide (CO2) is compressed and then transported to a site where it is injected underground for permanent storage (also known as “sequestration”). CO2 is commonly transpo […]
- Re: Catalyzing Sanitation Businesses (Water for People, USA, Malawi, Uganda, India) - by: smunyana August 30, 2014Report from Unclogging the Blockages in Sanitation Conference held in Kampala in February 2014
- Re: Stirling engines running on biogas - by: GrahamK August 30, 2014You can follow the UK discussion at: www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&ite...mp;ut=3QFOmpL2PYr6o1 You will see that I am urging them to consider getting funding so a small unit can be developed for use in rural Africa. There are a number of schemes (both EU & USA) where funding will be available for electricity projects. So far as I know there is no w […]
- Re: Stirling engines running on biogas - by: AquaVerde August 30, 2014Hallo Graham, I am and others interested too. www.modernpowersystems.com/features/feat...crogen-failed-1.html Wall-hung cogen plants: can Ecogen succeed where Microgen failed? Regards, Detlef
- Re: Stirling engines running on biogas - by: GrahamK August 30, 2014Hi Thomas, I have just come across this discussion having been in contact with a biogas-stirling project in London. There they are trying to develop a small digester to use food waste and supply a Stirling engine - Ecogen CHP with microgen Stirling engine. I am trying to persuade them to develop this via funding now available for Africa projects. More if you […]
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: Sowmya August 30, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites