The Foundation believes that community engagement is essential to ensure sustainable access to improved sanitation and that community led total sanitation, or CLTS is the most effective approach to realise this (Boorstin refers to a 2011 WSP report supporting this).
- African Water Facility is announcing Call for Proposals: Calling on African organisations to submit climate-smart water project proposals for funding - by: KatiaT October 21, 2014Calling on African organisations to submit climate-smart water project proposals for funding (Cliquez ici pour la version française / the same text in French is available here: www.africanwaterfacility.org/fr/appelclimatique/ ) African organisations eligible for AWF grants are encouraged to submit to the African Water Facility their proposal for project(s) f […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (twin pit pour flush toilets) - and general discussion - by: denniskl October 21, 2014Thank you Blake I look forward to it Have you seen the thread in UDDT's in Peru? Forum thread here forum.susana.org/forum/categories?func=v...amp;limit=1000#10621 and video available here Your thoughts on this as an alternative to the latrine / pit toilet approach? May have the FSM issue in a different light (less management required potentially) […]
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: denniskl October 21, 2014Hi Christophe (and anybody involved these projects) Some questions as I am still unclear on a few things 1. Is there a breakdown of the costings of $1,792 (2750 soles) per unit please? 2. Is cost highly variable due to local labour and material costs? 3. Is the design such that there is opportunity for local fabrication / manufacture using the same concept t […]
- Re: Developing urine diversion systems in a developed world context - by: kudert October 21, 2014Hi Emmanuel Here is a bit more of information about struvite: The German manufacturer, which you refer to, is probably Huber. They provided the reactor for the Saniresch project at GIZ. Here is a link to a description of the reactor: saniresch.de/en/project-components/plant-technology Huber has stopped producing struvite reactors after the project. I also th […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (twin pit pour flush toilets) - and general discussion - by: BlakeMcK October 21, 2014Hi Dennis, Thanks for engaging on the forum. The SMSU project in Cambodia is wrapping up as we speak, last day is end of Oct. We take our M&E very seriously, so after the project is completed we will need a little time to verify sales, confirm % increase in coverage, etc. After which we will be producing a report for our donors as well as a separate repo […]
- African Water Facility is announcing Call for Proposals: Calling on African organisations to submit climate-smart water project proposals for funding - by: KatiaT October 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites