In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
- Comparative study on the different types of toilets in India - by: vagisha November 28, 2014Hello, Does anyone know of or has done a comparative study on the different toilet systems that exist in India - WC, two-leach pit model, septic tank, DRDO, Ecosan, Sulabh and Composting toilets? Such a study would typically have information on how much water is used by these different toilets, what are the negative and positive effects of each and which of […]
- Re: Software to identify and quantify pathogenic helminth eggs (University Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico) - by: muench November 27, 2014Dear Cati, Ah, I didn't know that. So it is likely that people in country X or in region X are infected with one type of helminth, whereas in another country or region it will likely be another type? These helminths are therefore not really "competing" with each other in the same region? I am sorry, but I still have a question about the table […]
- Re: Software to identify and quantify pathogenic helminth eggs (University Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico) - by: TeamWTR November 27, 2014[Start of Page 2 of the discussion] Dear Elisabeth Actually, one person can be infected with more than one species, although it is not common since many species are endemic of certain areas, but the number in the table refers to number of people infected, so a person infected with more than one species would still count as one. Regards, Cati.
- Re: Some changes to the forum categories - by: F H Mughal November 27, 2014Dear Elisabeth, Just a quick response.... Where would the following fit in? Human right to sanitation Policy Innovation in sanitation Political commitments (like political willingness) Monitoring and evaluation Instead of mindsets and attitudes, can we rephrase it as attitudes and behaviour change? Mindset seems a narrow term. These headings should be broad […]
- Re: Some changes to the forum categories - by: KimAndersson November 27, 2014Dear Elisabeth and all, I very much like the set of new categories and think that they are relevant and appropriate. Great work!! Still I have some questions regarding the ‘mind sets and attitudes’ category. First of all, it seems that when you enter the category, it says ‘Mind sets and attitudes, CLTS’, which indicate that CLTS is the major topic under this […]
- Comparative study on the different types of toilets in India - by: vagisha November 28, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites