As Thailand faces its worst flooding in more than 50 years, a local company is distributing floating toilets free of charge to government offices.
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 23, 2014Ethnic group is temuan, proto Malay And yes, planning a strategy that addresses cultural empathy plus meets self-interest:) People are people after all no matter who or where they are! And of course self-interest ranges from money to recognition to pride so have to work out hot buttons Then move into issues like sanitation and health Will advise as we procee […]
- Re: History of ecosan - Causes for abandoning recovery of nutrients from human excreta - by: dietvorst November 23, 2014Dear Elisabeth, There is an IWA Specialist Group on Water and Wastewater in Ancient Civilizations. They have just published a book (have't seen it myself), which may include historical info on reuse of excreta & urine: Evolution of Sanitation and Wastewater Technologies through the Centuries Editor(s): Andreas N. Angelakis and Joan B. Rose Publicati […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: canaday November 23, 2014Hi Dennis, Very interesting. What ethnic group is it? Remember that this is an imminently cultural endeavor, about something that people mostly never talk about. The first step is to get people (esp. the leader) to recognize that there is a problem (like alcoholism, etc.). Are there indices of parasitism, diarrea, etc.? And try to demonstrate UDDTs with him […]
- Re: Using Diatoms to remove Ammonia and as a food source for fish. - by: Bhaskar November 23, 2014To clarify a few points - A little bit of engineering would be required depending on the nature of the effluent. If it is only domestic sewage, with little industrial effluent, then it would be very easy to use it to grow fish. If a lot of industrial effluent is mixed in then the water may contain heavy metals, etc. and these may enter the food chain if fish […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 23, 2014Will "package" up something for forum readers to review; will base the UDDT on your proven design Chris and see where we go. Hope for lots of feedback from SuSana readers when I put out out there Was just in a native village in Malaysia today; sanitation probably typical - flush toilets, no nutrient collection and re-use (of course) and uncertainty […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites