- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: rhockkh October 23, 2014Dear Florian, Thanks for your response - very interesting. Essentially, I'm wondering if the additional piping (see red pipe in attachment 2) will ensure that 'safer' water will drain into the second soakaway tank than the original piping set up in attachment 1? Richard
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: KeithBell October 22, 2014Chris, thanks for posting that new BBC program about pharmaceuticals in wastewater. They open the program with discussion of intersex fish downstream of WWTP blamed on estrogenic pharmaceuticals such as birth control pills. But compared to natural estrogens excreted from everyone's intestines, this appears to be a minute fraction of the problem. Who […]
- Re: sanitation 21 - by: jonpar October 22, 2014Dear F H Mughal, Thanks very for your message. I agree the document could be longer (although initially we were trying to produce something quite a bit shorter that what is available. It could in fact be a full book but there are two reasons why it isn't Firstly, although it would provide more comprehensive technical guidance, we didn't set out to […]
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: skdentel October 22, 2014Actually, this is a good place to put in a plug for our breathable membrane latrine project, since the fabric will retain trace contaminants within the fecal sludge while it dries. We have not tested this, but it should be the case for any non-volatile pollutants since only vapors pass through. More is here.
- Re: Health information on Wikipedia is going from strength to strength - can we do the same for sanitation (together with others)? - by: muench October 22, 2014Dear all, Thanks for your notes, Chris and Pete. I agree totally with you both about getting students involved with assignments to work on Wikipedia articles, the different target group we could reach with Wikipedia articles on sanitation and also the idea of using the SuSanA working group members ro rally behind improving certain Wikipedia pages. About the […]
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: rhockkh October 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites
Tag Archives: Qualitative Information System
Innovative monitoring tools such as the Qualitative Information System (QIS), sanitation ladders and SenseMaker® are being used in a programme that seeks to provide sustainable sanitation and hygiene services to almost 55 million people in Bangladesh.
This document summarises the performance monitoring framework for the AusAID and The Netherlands Directorate-General for International Cooperation (DGIS) funded “Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for ALL” programme implemented by SNV, IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre and local partners in Nepal, Bhutan, Laos, Cambodia and Viet Nam. The performance monitoring framework for rural sanitation and hygiene was developed jointly by SNV and IRC, with a large number of inputs from different partners and colleagues from the countries.
The monitoring framework is based on the Qualitative Information System (QIS) developed by IRC together with Pragmatix India.
Read the full Performance monitoring instruction sheet