This conference brings together experts from different sectors – water/sanitation, agriculture, soil, energy and health – to share experiences in the new field of Terra Preta Sanitation (TPS). TPS is being promoted as integrated sustainable solution to address poor sanitation, food insecurity, and soil degradation. It is inspired by the discovery of the anthropogenic ancient soils in the Amazon called Terra Preta.
- All editions of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene during year 2014 - by: mwaniki November 26, 2014Dear Moderators, Kindly note that an appalling mistake has been made by depicting that all editions of the African Water, Sanitation & Hygiene in this year have been listed for viewing by the community in your recent entry TOPIC: Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014. There are only two issues in reference i.e. the July – August 2014 ed […]
- Re: Sanitation awareness raising and World Toilet Day 2014 - by: bankabio November 26, 2014Banka BioLoo Pvt. Ltd. organized the event in collaboration with South Central Indian Railways on the occasion of World Toilet Day. The event was organized on a rail platform of the Secunderabad Railway Station (Hyderabad, India). Indian Railways Officers, along with public showed great enthusiasm in coming forward and participating in the event. The idea wa […]
- Re: Looking for standards for school toilets (recommended toilets:learners) - by: jbr November 26, 2014Thanks for the posts on school toilets. Slightly outside the subject, but linked: Is there a standard for handwashing taps/stations to learners? Very best, John
- Re: 8 practical ideas to link more WASH and Nutrition programmes - by: franckconcern November 26, 2014About Safe Playground: thanks for the nice picture Jean-Christophe! Wherever relevant, promoting locally-made rugs to be used as playground should definitely be considered as an option for our WASH/Nut teams. Amicalement franck
- Re: 8 practical ideas to link more WASH and Nutrition programmes - by: franckconcern November 26, 2014Thanks Elisabeth, Please find below the answer to your questions: 1/ Who were the main actors of the " WASH and nut" discussion at the last WEDC conference: It was a side event organised by WEDC. For more details, you can contact: Anne Blikinshopp / WEDC conference manager. 2/ Would you agree with using the term faecally transmitted infections (FTI […]
- All editions of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene during year 2014 - by: mwaniki November 26, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites