What does it really cost to extend and sustain safe water and hygienic sanitation to poor communities in developing countries? The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is supporting the IRC’s project, WASHCost: Quantifying the cost of delivering safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, with a US$14.48 million (Euro 9.86 million) grant over five years to answer this question and to transform information, learning and performance in the sector.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: WG 7: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: Madhuri February 26, 2017Hello Ruth, It's good and it very critical situation on WASH in Nepal instead of among development organizations working here. I am keen interested Menstrual Hygiene and also WASH and toilet day. Regards, Madhuri from Nepal
- Re: Vermi-Trickling Filters for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 26, 2017Hi guilherme, I have built a series of prototypes over many years for my family-sized domestic wastewater treatment, with the intention of refining to be low cost and capable of producing effluent quality suitable for safe surface irrigation. Most domestic vermifilters I hear of either use a septic tank followed by secondary treatment with the vermifilter, o […]
- Re: Vermi-Trickling Filters for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: guilherme February 25, 2017Dear Dean, thanks for your posts. I´ve noted you have a very small diameter pipe feeding your vermifilter. Can I ask you what sort of water you´re treating, and what are the previous treatment stages you have before the vermifilter? I have some experience working with raw wastewater with vermifilter as a primary treatment, as well as small septic tanks as pr […]
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: shaji February 25, 2017How did the person who is doing the plastering inside the tank come out ?
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: shaji February 25, 2017Dear Ashok, Did you check for any leakages from the system after installation. We did find ground water contamination due to leakages from the pits in some cases.
- Re: WG 7: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: Madhuri February 26, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites