What does it really cost to extend and sustain safe water and hygienic sanitation to poor communities in developing countries? The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is supporting the IRC’s project, WASHCost: Quantifying the cost of delivering safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, with a US$14.48 million (Euro 9.86 million) grant over five years to answer this question and to transform information, learning and performance in the sector.
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' - by: rajivkr November 20, 2017For a start, this might help: the 1991 paper is available at www.oie.int/doc/ged/D8196.PDF STRAUCH, D. (1991). Survival of pathogenic micro-organisms and parasites in excreta, manure and sewage sludge. Rev. sci. tech. Off. int. Epiz., 1991, 10 (3), 813-846 Has the safety zone graph. maybe it got tweaked in 1998, not sure. More later. and do share at the foru […]
- Ambition of ISO project committee 305 #WorldToiletDay - by: Doreen November 19, 2017Dear All, See below a video from Dr. Doulaye Koné. 'We have been using the same toilet system for the past 200 years. The sewer system is safe and clean, but also resource intensive, and many countries cannot afford the water and energy needed. Can there be a new solution? That is the ambition of ISO project committee 305 that is working to define a sta […]
- Re: Exploring how to address on-going taboos and silence around MHM for girls in school - by: Mintje November 19, 2017Dear Linda, we changed your name accordingly also within the report. You can find the updated version in the library here . Best, Mintje
- Re: Addressing infrastructural barriers to MHM in schools to support inclusive and quality learning for all - by: Mintje November 19, 2017Dear Daniel, yes, the two topics ('breaking the taboo' and 'adressing infrastructural barriers') are both covered in the one report, as they have interlinkages and cannot be looked at only independently. I posted the report in both themes to make sure everyone, who participated in either of the themes receives the report in the end. You c […]
- Recent research on menstrual cups needed - by: DianeKellogg November 18, 2017Several important topics are coming up here, and even more emerge as I've read the journal articles being posted here. Thank you. I'm getting quite an education. I can see how valuable it would be for people on the front lines of MHM training to have this information. I'm thinking very specifically of women I know who do MHM programs in their […]
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' - by: rajivkr November 20, 2017