The Presidential Candidate of the CPP, Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom says when elected President, the first 100 days of his government will focus on issues of climate change as well as sanitation. He said well meaning but ineffective efforts to deal with the problem of sanitation can engender a national cancer. Dr. Nduom stated this at a Presidential debate on environment and climate change at the Fourth Annual Environmental Film Festival in Accra.
- Research Call - Analysis of learning from the sanitation surcharge experience in Quelimane and Beira (Mozambique) - by: muench April 24, 2018Dear Guy, Thanks for your detailed reply. I have moved this thread into our category on costs and financing now so that it's easier to find it again in future. For those who don't know (this included myself until a few moments ago): WTP stands for Willingness to pay in Guy's post, not water treatment plant. Wikipedia has this to say about Will […]
- Re: Implementer's Guide to Lime Stabilization for Septage Management in the Philippines - by: dmrobbins10 April 24, 2018Dear Sahid, Sorry for neglecting to respond to your earlier message. As for the project in Myanmar, I don't know what ever happened with that project. Since we did the initial trials, I have not heard any results. That project was in-pit lime stabilization, which seemed to make sense. Adding the lime to the individual pit, to perform some treatment prio […]
- Postgraduate Sanitation programme at Mzuzu University (Malawi) - by: rochelleholm April 24, 2018Mzuzu University's post graduate program in sanitation is by research and is open to both self-sponsored students and those who have secured a scholarship.
- Sanitary Waste - by: muench April 24, 2018I would say they can safely be disposed in properly managed sanitary landfills or in solid waste incineration plants where they exist. Diapers (nappies) and sanitary pads are just part of household waste, not medical waste (unless they are collected in a hospital setting). Some parents in the global North are using reusable (washable) cotton nappies for thei […]
- Promoting Urban Living Labs to sustain Dry Sanitation in Zambia - by: muench April 24, 2018Dear Noah, Welcome to the Forum! Could you tell us about more about your work, and what kind of feedback, comments or collaborations you might be looking for? We have a few forum members in Lusaka these days (e.g. Hajo who always makes very good posts), have you met up with some like-minded people in Lusaka yet? What do you see as the main drivers why dry sa […]
- Research Call - Analysis of learning from the sanitation surcharge experience in Quelimane and Beira (Mozambique) - by: muench April 24, 2018