The Presidential Candidate of the CPP, Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom says when elected President, the first 100 days of his government will focus on issues of climate change as well as sanitation. He said well meaning but ineffective efforts to deal with the problem of sanitation can engender a national cancer. Dr. Nduom stated this at a Presidential debate on environment and climate change at the Fourth Annual Environmental Film Festival in Accra.
- Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India - by: muench March 23, 2018Dear Sanjana, Thanks for posting this here. Wow, 78 faecal sludge treatment plants being tendered in one go - that will be interesting!! It would be great if we could hear updates every now and again on how it is going, e.g. which technologies were implemented, how the results are looking, how much it cost (construction and O&M), how the 78 plants compar […]
- Low cost secondary treatment of household wastewater using vermifiltration - by: goeco March 23, 2018Yep, nitrification consumes large quantities of oxygen, and this process takes place after the BOD levels are reduced... again requiring oxygen... so the more aerobic the conditions are in the vermifilter, the happier the worms and nitrifying bacteria are
- Low cost secondary treatment of household wastewater using vermifiltration - by: BPopov March 23, 2018Hi Dean! Ok, I got it. Nitrification is happening and you reduce dissolved organics. Thanks, Bogdan
- Low cost secondary treatment of household wastewater using vermifiltration - by: goeco March 23, 2018Hi Bogdan, Not sure if I understand your question? What I am producing is a water quality suitable for irrigating productive plants, so I don't want to lose the nitrogen. I do want to reduce the BOD so the water is less biologically active and with low levels of pathogens. Even if you remove most of the suspended solids from wastewater, the BOD will sti […]
- Ecological Public Toilets for India? Is it possible? - by: Akshay14 March 23, 2018hello Kevin, the idea of water-less toilet might create problems specially when you are planning it for India. and to keep toilets sustain and clean you will have to use water and no other options. here you can build regular toilets and then you can separate solids and liquid coming out through the toilet water can be use for re-flushing purpose and solid as […]
- Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India - by: muench March 23, 2018