The Presidential Candidate of the CPP, Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom says when elected President, the first 100 days of his government will focus on issues of climate change as well as sanitation. He said well meaning but ineffective efforts to deal with the problem of sanitation can engender a national cancer. Dr. Nduom stated this at a Presidential debate on environment and climate change at the Fourth Annual Environmental Film Festival in Accra.
- Menstrual Hygiene Webinar Series – recordings and post-webinar discussions - by: lizkora May 27, 2018I am excited about this topic and would participate to learn more. It is important to build a strong movement for MH and a platform for learning and sharing. It is by so doing that we would have a strong voice to compel governments to pay attention to the difficulty of girls during that stage in life. Many young girls drop out of school or stay away from les […]
- Transitional Sanitation - by: muench May 27, 2018Dear Alice, I'm always happy to help and suggest resources and solutions but I am a bit lost with your question. Could you give us some more information to sink our teeth into? It's actually the first time that I've heard of transitional sanitation. Is there really such a half-way point? What makes you think the solutions should be different f […]
- FSM in Extreme Hilly Area with Winter Conditions - by: muench May 27, 2018Dear Stuart, Very interesting information that you posted here. I suggest we start a new thread about your product so that it doesn't get lost & overlooked in this thread. OK? I didn't understand this part (the first sentence):Septage from local communities is delivered to the FSSTP, conceptualized, developed, and operated by Tide Technocrats. […]
- Reply: Guide de la gestion des boues de vidange - enfin en franc?ais! - by: cecile May 27, 2018Bonjour Philippe, C'est une bonne nouvelle pour les francophones. Bravo pour ce travail. Le lexique anglais français est une très bonne idée également. Bien cordialement, Cécile
- Solution for Public Urination - by: F H Mughal May 26, 2018Solution for Public Urination Public urination is quite a problem in many cities. These areas give out nauseating ammonia-tinged stench. This problem is almost worldwide. Dr. Natalie Essig, professor at Munich’s University of Applied Science, has developed a solution of pee beds. The pee bed prototypes would look like long, unplanted strips of flower bed. Wh […]
- Menstrual Hygiene Webinar Series – recordings and post-webinar discussions - by: lizkora May 27, 2018