World Toilet Day tomorrow (November 19) is a reminder that over 2.6 billion people lack any form of ‘improved’ sanitation; one-sixth of the world’s population get their water from sources contaminated by human and animal faeces; half of all people in developing countries have an illness related to sanitation and water quality; and every six seconds, a child dies of diarrhoea. (…)
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Moldova: 2 national technical standards - one for construction and operation of UDDT and one for construction and operation of constructed wetlands - by: CWendland April 26, 2017Dear UDDT fans, in Moldova there have been developed 2 national technical standards - one for construction and operation of UDDT and one for construction and operation of constructed wetlands. I think that they are very good guiding documents for constructors and are available in English, Romanian and Russian language. They also give references to the struct […]
- Re: Defining the Scope of Case Study Research - What is a best practice? - by: muench April 26, 2017I think Abishek made some really good points here: The motive behind documentation is the force that drives result.For example if an agency has to spend money and show progress they usually try to hire a person that give them what they want.A truly honest person is not their choice.Hence there are very few people who make their sponsor/funder unhappy. At SuS […]
- Re: Wanted: Sudan-specific WASH footage/images - by: muench April 26, 2017Hi Nica, You asked: In terms of credit, I then presume this would have to go to the original photographer plus their organisation, rather than SuSanA? (Or both?) Yes, the most important person to give credit to is the original photographer. We have taken care to ensure that their name is always available, either under the photo itself or in the album descrip […]
- Wikipedia Editing together with other SuSanA members every Wednesday - by: muench April 26, 2017Today is the last Wednesday that the 4 Cranfield University students are editing Wikipedia for us in the virtual workroom (the students were doing their 10-week industry project with SuSanA, as part of their MSc work). I think they've done an awesome job and have progressed the WASH topics on Wikipedia significantly in English and in French! If you want […]
- Moldova: 2 national technical standards - one for construction and operation of UDDT and one for construction and operation of constructed wetlands - by: CWendland April 26, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites