The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is inviting developing member country (DMC) Ministers of Finance, Health, Water and Sanitation, Environment, and Water Resources or their senior executives and city mayors to the ADB-DMC Sanitation Dialogue to discuss DMC’s sanitation needs, barriers, options, and actions.
- Economics of sanitation: (benefits and costs) covers public health and environmental issues, and impacts on other sectors, like tourism;
- Social issues: community psychology and sociology of sanitation;
- Technologies: practical, affordable options;
- Finance: financing sources and options, and financial viability of sanitation;
- Private sector participation: opportunities and business environment;
- Politics of sanitation: why and how to market sanitation and overcome political barriers.
See also the related background article “Getting Sanitation on Track” by Anand Chiplunkar (Feb 2009, ADB)
Read more on the ADB web site