Sustainable Sanitation Practice (SSP) is a new quarterly open access journal on practical experiences with available sustainable sanitation systems. SSP Journal is published by the EcoSan Club Austria, non profit association established in 2002.
The theme of the first issue of SSP journal, published in October 2009, is greywater. It includes five contributions showing results from projects, in which members of the EcoSan Club Austria have been involved:
- Combined greywater reuse and rainwater harvesting in an office building in Austria: analyses of practical operation
- Household greywater treatment for peri-urban areas of Nakuru Municipality, Kenya
- Greywater use in peri-urban households in Kitgum, Uganda
- Greywater treatment in apartment building in Austria
- Combined greywater treatment using a membrane bioreactor
The themes for 2010 are:
- Issue 2: “Successful models for operation and maintenance of sanitation systems” – January 2010, under preparation.
- Issue 3: “Use of urine” – April 2010, deadline for contributions: 10 February 2010
- Issue 4: “The ROSA project” – July 2010, deadline for contributions: 10 Mai 2010
- Issue 5: “Sanitation as a business” – October 2010, deadline for contributions: 10 August 2010
- Issue 6: “Toilets” – January 2011, deadline for contributions: 10 November 2010
For contributions contact: SSP editorial office, Ms. Isabelle Pavese (ssp [at] ecosan.at)
Sustainable Sanitation Practice journal web page