As part of the new Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) for 2011-2013 for Cambodia, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is planning a US$ 27 million loan and a US$ 800,000 technical assistance grant for the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation III project.
- Introducing new WG 5 co-lead: Daniel Ddiba - by: ddiba January 16, 2018Dear SuSanA WG5 members and the entire SuSanA community, I am glad to inform you that I am joining Gina as co-lead for Working Group 5 - Food security and productive sanitation systems. About me: I work with the Stockholm Environment Institute on the Sustainable Sanitation Initiative and my training includes an MSc in environmental engineering and sustainabl […]
- Manhole Covers with Art in Japan - by: F H Mughal January 16, 2018Manhole Covers with Art in Japan I always enjoy when a unpleasant thing is presented in a pleasant and beautiful way. According to a recent news in a local paper ( www.dawn.com/news/1382981/japan-sewers-c...act-with-manhole-art ), Japan’s sewerage industry has found a way to clean up its dirty and smelly image: elaborately designed and colourful manhole cove […]
- Market Based Programming for Emergencies - by: eshaylor January 16, 2018Hi there, I wanted to share with the SuSanA community the Global WASH clusters position paper on Cash and Markets for Emergencies - http://www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resources-and-publications/library/details/2923 This paper has been developed by the WASH cluster's Technical Working Group (TWiG) on cash and markets fro WASH, who will be discussing […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: BPopov January 16, 2018Dear Ross! You are 100 % right. We should tell people about the alternatives and promote waterless toilets in every possible way. But unfortunately there is a huge gap between Ukraine and Australia about the level of environmental awareness you can rely on. It needs decades of economic, social and other development untill it somehow arrives here. So instead […]
- Up-scaling Basic Sanitation for the Urban Poor in Kenya (UBSUP) (Water Services Trust Fund and GIZ, Kenya) - by: alexandra85 January 16, 2018Dear all, please check at the UBSUP video describing in 5 minutes the programme and its activities (with french subtitles: UBSUP: mise à l’échelle de l’assainissement de base pour les zones urbaines pauvres au Kenya ) We also invite you to watch the MajiCube video explaining the Water Sector Trust Fund's overall strategy to scale-up access to water and […]
- Introducing new WG 5 co-lead: Daniel Ddiba - by: ddiba January 16, 2018