This document sets out a framework for the enhancement of sanitation services in low-income countries. It is intended primarily to guide WaterAid country programmes as they determine their own context-specific sanitation strategies, but it is hoped that it will also be of value to other organisations which are involved in improving sanitation. The scope of the document spans both rural and urban contexts, but it does not specifically address the important topic of hygiene improvement. This will be the subject of a future WaterAid framework document. A further framework for WaterAid’s urban work is in the final stage of publication. This Sanitation framework is fully consistent with, and builds on, WaterAid’s Sanitation Guidelines (April 2008) which were initially developed at a conference in Livingstone, Zambia, in May 2006. [authors abstract]
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Fecal sludge Management tools - by: muench February 27, 2017Dear Kristina, Have you looked through this sub-category of the SuSanA Forum?: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/277-fs...boxes-and-guidelines This is where I grouped all previous posts dealing with Fecal Sludge Management tools and guidelines. I think you will find pretty much all available tools there. If you find additional ones that have not been mention […]
- Re: WG 7: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: febanisha February 27, 2017Hi Ruth, I would like to take part in the discussion for following topics- WASH, MHM, Open Defecation and Behavior change(Public Health) I think all the chosen topics are good.
- Re: WG 2: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: ruthmiskelly February 27, 2017Great to have you on board Emma and Punita! If you have any ideas on the Wikipedia pages WG2 should focus on, please add them to the thread here. We want the selection of pages to be participatory, bottom-up and inclusive
- Re: Reply: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: USAIDssd February 27, 2017Workers went in and out of the metal cage with the help of two wooden ladders placed against each other, as in these attached photos.
- Fecal sludge Management tools - by: thapkris February 27, 2017Dear all, For my research I wanted to know all of the tools available for fecal sludge management by different organisation. I tried to search in google I could find only few of the tools from few organisation like SaniPath, World Bank etc. Where can I get access to all of the tools that are available specially for fecal sludge management. Best regards Krist […]
- Re: Fecal sludge Management tools - by: muench February 27, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites