This document sets out a framework for the enhancement of sanitation services in low-income countries. It is intended primarily to guide WaterAid country programmes as they determine their own context-specific sanitation strategies, but it is hoped that it will also be of value to other organisations which are involved in improving sanitation. The scope of the document spans both rural and urban contexts, but it does not specifically address the important topic of hygiene improvement. This will be the subject of a future WaterAid framework document. A further framework for WaterAid’s urban work is in the final stage of publication. This Sanitation framework is fully consistent with, and builds on, WaterAid’s Sanitation Guidelines (April 2008) which were initially developed at a conference in Livingstone, Zambia, in May 2006. [authors abstract]
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Reply: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: USAIDssd February 27, 2017Workers went in and out of the metal cage with the help of two wooden ladders placed against each other, as in these attached photos.
- Fecal sludge Management tools - by: thapkris February 27, 2017Dear all, For my research I wanted to know all of the tools available for fecal sludge management by different organisation. I tried to search in google I could find only few of the tools from few organisation like SaniPath, World Bank etc. Where can I get access to all of the tools that are available specially for fecal sludge management. Best regards Krist […]
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: USAIDssd February 27, 2017Hi Dean, The material costs was approximately CFA 310,000 (USD 499), and we used a total of 14 workers who worked approximately 8 hours/day for 14 days...so approximately 112 labour hours. cheers - Samira
- Re: Take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - by: jeremy February 27, 2017Yes I'm interested because I believe that everyone has the right to a clean and safe toilet. The topics I am interested in are: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Toilet_Day en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Toilet_Organization en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sim Jeremy Khoo Communications Manager Office: +65 6352 8921 Website: www.worldtoilet.org Facebook: www.facebook. […]
- Re: WG 7: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: jobwasonga February 27, 2017Yes, i am in.
- Re: Reply: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: USAIDssd February 27, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites