This document sets out a framework for the enhancement of sanitation services in low-income countries. It is intended primarily to guide WaterAid country programmes as they determine their own context-specific sanitation strategies, but it is hoped that it will also be of value to other organisations which are involved in improving sanitation. The scope of the document spans both rural and urban contexts, but it does not specifically address the important topic of hygiene improvement. This will be the subject of a future WaterAid framework document. A further framework for WaterAid’s urban work is in the final stage of publication. This Sanitation framework is fully consistent with, and builds on, WaterAid’s Sanitation Guidelines (April 2008) which were initially developed at a conference in Livingstone, Zambia, in May 2006. [authors abstract]
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Investigating the social determinants of open defecation in India - by: SudhirPillay July 26, 2017This may be of assistance. Complements your research but not directly linked. More issue of OD even if there is toilet because of condition of toilet.
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: SudhirPillay July 26, 2017This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log in or register to see it. Look at CFD on page 24. Also, practically, whether you want to use downflow pipes or hanging walls. Downflow pipes cheaper but can become clogged (may influence dead space also).
- Report on French researches on Urine Re-use - by: bowenarrow July 26, 2017Very good report on this interesting and important subject. The pics shown speak for themselves.The only concern I have is that urine collection systems in my mind should be completely separated at the pedestal. Non the less I feel we are going in the right direction and Urine will be realised as a resource very soon and the loop will be closed. Cheers Ross […]
- Writings and Styles - by: F H Mughal July 26, 2017Dear Elisabeth, I'm facing a small problem that relates to the drafting and submission of the post. In my recent submission on MHM in Pakistan, I centered the heading, and made it bold. After pressing the "submit" button, I find that while the heading has been centered, it was not made bold. Instead, this - - "[/b]" - - appeared on t […]
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: nilaadri1976 July 26, 2017Yes, it has. Many thanks for sharing ...
- Investigating the social determinants of open defecation in India - by: SudhirPillay July 26, 2017