This document sets out a framework for the enhancement of sanitation services in low-income countries. It is intended primarily to guide WaterAid country programmes as they determine their own context-specific sanitation strategies, but it is hoped that it will also be of value to other organisations which are involved in improving sanitation. The scope of the document spans both rural and urban contexts, but it does not specifically address the important topic of hygiene improvement. This will be the subject of a future WaterAid framework document. A further framework for WaterAid’s urban work is in the final stage of publication. This Sanitation framework is fully consistent with, and builds on, WaterAid’s Sanitation Guidelines (April 2008) which were initially developed at a conference in Livingstone, Zambia, in May 2006. [authors abstract]
- Re: Working Group 7 members- could you share any interesting Global Handwash Day activities ???? - by: Nicole October 24, 2016Dear Belinda, dear all, here is a brief recap of what happened last week for GHD here in the Philippines: PHILIPPINES: DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION LEADS GLOBAL HANDWASHING DAY 2016 CELEBRATION Greetings from Manila, Nicole
- Re: 5th Annual Virtual MHM in WinS Conference Columbia University and UNICEF October 25th 2016 - by: danikacomey October 24, 2016Here is the attachment for the agenda!
- Re: 5th Annual Virtual MHM in WinS Conference Columbia University and UNICEF October 25th 2016 - by: danikacomey October 23, 2016Hi Elisabeth, Thank you so much for your questions and thank you for registering for the 5th Annual Virtual Conference on Menstrual Hygiene Management in WASH in Schools, Capturing Girls’ Voices: Channeling Girls’ Recommendations into Global Advocacy and National Level Change. This year’s presentations come from a range of countries, including Nepal, Bolivia […]
- Re: New MHM brief available from PMA2020: Niger - by: SusannahClemence October 23, 2016Thank you for these, Alex - a useful data collection. I would like some more information: what question was asked to generate the percentage that 'report having everything they need to manage menstruation'? What is the criterion for 'a facility'? What is considered an adequate 'place to dispose of used materials'? Does this incl […]
- Re: Introducing the Thematic Discussions on Private Sector Engagement in Sanitation and Hygiene - by: solidrock4 October 22, 2016Hello am very interested in joining the action, get me posted Kobina
- Re: Working Group 7 members- could you share any interesting Global Handwash Day activities ???? - by: Nicole October 24, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites