See the cool promo video to mark the Gates Foundation new sanitation strategy. It has already been viewed over 7,000 times since its release on 18 July 2011.
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: muench May 4, 2015And about the history section for the CLTS article: Oliver Jones above had posted about the early work of an NGO in Bangladesh. I went to their website and found this information: www.verc.org/clts.html Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) Village Education Resource Center (VERC) as the pioneering NGO innovated CLTS approach in February 2000. Working at gra […]
- Re: New logo for the SuSanA discussion forum? - by: JKMakowka May 4, 2015Not sure if a change is really needed, but to me option 3 looks the best.
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: muench May 4, 2015Dear Jamie, Thanks so much for working on the CLTs article on Wikipedia. That's excellent. We started discussing this via e-mail but I suggested to put it on the forum in case others are also interested in improving the CLTS article further (and I hope they are). I had a quick look at the proposed changes to the CLTS article on Wikipedia in your attache […]
- Is anyone still using lime in urine-diverting dry toilets (UDDTs)? Alkaline versus natural UDDTs... - by: muench May 4, 2015This post here is the result of an e-mail conversation I had with David Bates (known on the forum as DrBates: forum.susana.org/forum/profile/userid-5431) about using lime in urine-diverting dry toilets (UDDTs). David's experience in Mexico (which is however not current, his involvement ceased temporarily in 2008) was that lime is commonly used in UDDTs […]
- Re: Urine fertilizer in Uganda - short film and open-access article - by: eande May 4, 2015Thanks George! No, I did not come across any companies collecting and selling urine fertilizer to farmers. The practice of using urine fertilizer is indeed very new in the area and was not practiced by farmers before we initiated the experiments. Some of the involved farmer groups are now thinking about how to facilitate urine collection from schools etc. to […]
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: muench May 4, 2015
- Women Leaders target need for sanitation and hygiene April 30, 2015Over 50 female leaders from around the world recently published a declaration calling for the end6
- Ebola response: CLTS running strong in rural Liberia April 28, 2015This week in Bong County, the National Technical Coordinating Unit (NTCU) – responsible for setting Liberia’s national WASH guidelines – verified 29 new communities as Open Defecation Free (ODF). “What was originally just a short-term basic hygiene promotion has become another successful Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) project,” said Global Communities […]6
- Chienge districts celebrates ODF success April 27, 2015Chienge's achievement as Zambia’s first Open Defecation Free (ODF) district should inspire other regions in the country for similar success, Deputy Minister of Local Government and Housing Danny Chingimbu said at the district’s celebration of attainment of ODF status.6
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015Mr. deVries, Chief of Party of Global COmmunities described the fight against the virus and the Community Led Total Sanitation program as an incredible and challenging experience.He said with all of these challenges faced by his entity during his tenure, tremendous progress was made in the fight against the Ebola virus, especially in safe burial and the Comm […]6
- CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop at AfricaSan IV/ Atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC lors d'AfricaSan April 11, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub and WSSCC will be hosting a one day CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop on Sunday 24th May, the day before the AfricaSan Conference, in Dakar, Senegal. La CLTS Knowledge Hub de l'IDS et WSSCC accueillera un atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC le 24 Mai 2015.6
- Women Leaders target need for sanitation and hygiene April 30, 2015
Add to favourites