Sanitation marketing is a field that applies social and commercial marketing approaches to scale up the supply and demand for improved sanitation facilities. This WASHplus Weekly lists some of the most recent publications and websites on sanitation marketing. Included are a new toolkit with videos and reports from the Water and Sanitation Program, lessons learned on sanitation marketing in Uganda by PLAN Uganda and other resources.
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' - by: muench November 21, 2017Just wanted to point out that we've had a related discussion here on the forum: forum.susana.org/34-urine-diversion-syst...rch-parameters#21072 The title of that thread was: Reducing desiccation time for feces in UDDT - question on research parameters David Crosweller, who I think had a similar question to you, posted there: forum.susana.org/34-urine-di […]
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: muench November 21, 2017Dear Rajiv, Thanks for pointing this out. In my role as moderator, I have now moved the previous posts on this toilet type into this new thread by Nitya. I think it makes sense to keep it all together in one thread. Regards, Elisabeth
- menstrual cups, MHM work at PATH - by: muench November 21, 2017Regarding cheap menstrual cups, have you seen the posts by Chris where he recommended cheap menstrual cups from a Chinese manufacturer? See here: forum.susana.org/231-menstrual-cups/2140...tured-in-china#22508 He wrote:At some point, I may publish here the name of the Chinese factory that I buy from, but I am concerned that if they get too famous they may ra […]
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: JKMakowka November 21, 2017If you go for active ventilation, compartmentalization would make things more difficult no? However assuming the climate in Tajikistan can be quite cold, any kind of active ventilation in an unheated toilet can make it very uncomfortable to use due to the draft it creates at the drop-hole. Maybe it is better to improve the ventilation of the cubicles themsel […]
- Thank You, Maureen Amakabane - by: Amakabane November 21, 2017Diane and Elisabeth, It was a great honor to work with you for the six weeks. My vision is to improve sanitation in schools here in Kenya. I feel working on this project was a great opportunity for me to contribute towards sanitation related online content. I look forward to continuously contribute positively to improving online sanitation content.
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' - by: muench November 21, 2017