This WASHplus Weekly contains 2010 and 2011 resources about water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in disaster or emergency situations. Please contact WASHplus if you have new or upcoming resources to add to this for future issues. Some of the resources in this Weekly include updates of WHO technical notes for WASH in emergencies, the 2011 SPHERE manual on WASH standards, links to USAID and other relevant websites.
- SpaTap Portable Tap Instantly Transforming Access to water in Rural Schools Used for Handwashing Hygiene - by: StuSpaTap November 24, 2017Dear Elisabeth, thank you for your questions, i will answer next to them. How does your "humanitarian arm" work? - We work with private sponsors, schools, corps that want to practice CSR I gather you are a small company in Australia. - Yes with big ambitions to change the hygiene situation of the billions of people with no access to a personal tap. […]
- "Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” - Interlinkages Document available in the SuSanA Library - by: muench November 24, 2017Dear Cecilia, I noticed that the SDG Interlinkages Document by SuSanA still has a "draft" watermark (see www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2859 ). When do you think it will be upgraded into a final version? Is there currently still a review process ongoing? Also, we have cited the document in the new Wikipedia article about […]
- Reusable Sanitary Pad Manufacturing in Nigeria - Global Giving Crowd Funding - by: muench November 24, 2017Dear Susan, I think Daniel's post about "Reusable Sanitary Pad Manufacturing in Nigeria - Global Giving Crowd Funding" is OK for this forum. Particularly given that he is not a one-off poster but has been with the forum for a while, having made around 30 posts on a range of topics by now. We all struggle to get funding, so why not let him use […]
- Introducing Tippy tap Kenya (handwashing at schools) - by: muench November 24, 2017Dear Kennedy, I've looked around your website a bit. The work you are doing is so important! I found out that:Tippy tap-Kenya is a community based non-profit organization dedicated to promote best hygiene practices and access to hand-washing stations with soap & water by installing tippy tap ,plus supply soaps and initiate programs with health coord […]
- There is now a Wikipedia article about SDG6 (Sustainable Development Goal 6) which mentions SuSanA - by: muench November 23, 2017Dear all, We now have a Wikipedia article about SDG6 (Sustainable Development Goal 6) which mentions SuSanA! See here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_Development_Goal_6 It was created mainly by Diane and myself as part of our intense Sanitation Wikipedia project drive ahead of World Toilet Day (Diane had spoken about it here: forum.susana.org/198-wikipedi […]
- SpaTap Portable Tap Instantly Transforming Access to water in Rural Schools Used for Handwashing Hygiene - by: StuSpaTap November 24, 2017