This WASHplus Weekly contains 2010 and 2011 resources about water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in disaster or emergency situations. Please contact WASHplus if you have new or upcoming resources to add to this for future issues. Some of the resources in this Weekly include updates of WHO technical notes for WASH in emergencies, the 2011 SPHERE manual on WASH standards, links to USAID and other relevant websites.
- WASH jobs/consultancies (20/2/18) - by: JoshuaNewton February 20, 2018You can find the links to these WASH positions here or the direct links in the attached document. 1) Post-doctoral Researcher (Water and Sanitation Interventions) – Tufts University (Medford, MA, USA): Until filled 2) Research and Program Manager – Aquaya (Nairobi): 28 February 3) Program Associate – Aquaya (Uganda): 28 February 4) Head of Department (WASH) […]
- Menstrual health in India - Pushing the Boundaries - by: F H Mughal February 20, 2018Dear Ms. Nancy, Thank you for your informative and interesting post. I can see your hard efforts on MHM. As luck would have it, today, in Dawn, a feature appeared on the back page, which, frankly, was even surprising to me. Here is the link: www.dawn.com/news/1390420/footprints-zone-of-silence The feature says it all! I would strongly suggest that, not only […]
- Menstrual health in India - Pushing the Boundaries - by: Nancy February 20, 2018Dear Mr. Mughal, Thank you for your response and for your interest in menstrual health. Having men engage in understanding menstruation is certainly part of addressing the taboos that are still present in most cultures, not only the Muslim cultures. Normalizing menstruation is the first step that needs to be taken. There could be nothing more normal than men […]
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: marcos February 19, 2018Hi Elisabeth, Thanks for this next step on our chapter. Regarding your questions: 1 - New text and references. I wrote the text on a free way, in order to make it more compatible with Wikipedia style. But for the sake of completeness, I have now added a few additional references (marked in yellow in this new file (version 2). I would like to quote other clas […]
- Contributing to World Water Day 22 March 2018: help us to improve these 10 Wikipedia articles - by: muench February 19, 2018World Water Day on 22 March is about one month away. To contribute to the World Water Day (WWD) celebrations as SuSanA members, a few of us are aging going to work on selected Wikipedia articles. The aim is to help with public education on key water and sanitation topics. Wikipedia is used by lay persons, journalists, students, researchers, "normal peop […]
- WASH jobs/consultancies (20/2/18) - by: JoshuaNewton February 20, 2018