This WASHplus Weekly contains 2010 and 2011 resources about water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in disaster or emergency situations. Please contact WASHplus if you have new or upcoming resources to add to this for future issues. Some of the resources in this Weekly include updates of WHO technical notes for WASH in emergencies, the 2011 SPHERE manual on WASH standards, links to USAID and other relevant websites.
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Ecowaters January 17, 2018Aquatron is based on toilet stools from Ifö Sanitar and composters from Vera and other sources. The part that the company makes is the centrifugal piece that is installed under the toilet stool to separate solids and liquids. The idea is the solids fall into the composter and the liquids drain to a tank or planted system. We sold them in the United States lo […]
- The new BMZ Water Strategy - by: ValerieB January 17, 2018Dear members, the last year has brought several new developments in the WASH sector. Among them is the new Water Strategy by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) which was launched at the World Water Week in Stockholm. This strategy serves as a guideline for all involved partners of the German Development Cooperation. A […]
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: dannyogwo January 17, 2018Dear Aimee, I am referring a colleague to enroll. Hope that is okay. Daniel
- Sanitation Taboos - by: sbudge2017 January 17, 2018This is interesting, thank you. I am not focusing however on toilet provision as such - more the environment where the infant plays and eats and contamination. But then I would agree that it is likely that having a flush toilet might mean proper disposal of child faeces and perhaps improved sanitation behaviour as a whole.
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: aimeesmith January 17, 2018Hello Daniel and Sawabon So great to hear that you are interested in the course. I am sure you find it very beneficial. The more people knowledgeable about FSM the better! Thank you for signing up - we are happy to have you on-board!
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Ecowaters January 17, 2018