This WASHplus Weekly contains 2010 and 2011 resources about water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in disaster or emergency situations. Please contact WASHplus if you have new or upcoming resources to add to this for future issues. Some of the resources in this Weekly include updates of WHO technical notes for WASH in emergencies, the 2011 SPHERE manual on WASH standards, links to USAID and other relevant websites.
- Discussion on incorporating the science of habit into behaviour change programmes - by: kurich October 20, 2016Greetings. On 20 October, World Vision staff and representatives from other organisations came together for a webinar on the Science of Habit. Behavioural scientist, David Neal, PhD, joined us to discuss how the science of habit can be incorporated into behaviour change programmes. Here is a link to the recording, as well as a page that highlights resources […]
- Introducing Governance Systems International from Uganda: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat October 20, 2016We would like to welcome Governance Systems International from Uganda as a new SuSanA partner organisation! The following text is taken from their application form and was written by the partner organisation themselves. Description and Activities in Sustainable Sanitation: Governance Systems International (GSI) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providi […]
- Re: How to measure job creation potential for sustainable sanitation systems? - by: stevensugden October 20, 2016We had difficultly with measuring job created as much of the work is of a temporary nature and paid on an output basis. Is that a permanent job? , but it is an indicator that people like to use. There seems to lot of wriggle room for how it is measured The sustainability indicator below is taken from the Market Systems Development sector and one which I thin […]
- Re: Request for advice on UDDT slab design - by: Angus October 20, 2016On a different but related note, we are currently building the toilets with the lowest course of bricks for the vault below ground level. This is so that people do not feel self-conscious climbing up to the toilet. It has been suggested this might reduce the effectiveness of the drying inside the vault. Does anybody have any experience of vaults that are sun […]
- World Toilet Day 2016 - by: AnnaUNwater October 20, 2016Dear colleagues, In just a month, World Toilet Day will be celebrated around the world and your stories can help people learn more about sanitation and get inspired to take action. Thanks to many of you who have already contributed with content to the newly relaunched website. For those who have more relevant reports, videos, photos and articles that you wou […]
- Discussion on incorporating the science of habit into behaviour change programmes - by: kurich October 20, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites