Barbara Evans, chief rapporteur at WSSCC’s Global Forum, discusses the world’s sanitation challenges, themes from the conference, and highlights a couple of inspirational presentations.
- Re: Photo Competition: Picturing CLTS - by: Petra March 30, 2015Thanks Joe for clarifying this for F H Mughal. I will ask Plan India to respond. In the meantime, let me explain how we here at the CLTS Knowledge Hub see the issue. The story behind the whistling is that children and youth take on the role of monitoring agents in their communities- not because anyone tells them so, but because after triggering they decided […]
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: joeturner March 30, 2015Sounds good to me, Oliver.
- Re: What do we know about odorous gases from composting toilets (or from composting in general)? - by: cecile March 30, 2015Hi everyone, There are many composting toilets in France in individual houses. They are basically non separation bucket toilets and a bulking agent containing cellulose is added after each use (most of the time wood chips). It is the balance between the 3 components urine- faeces -cellulose and the presence of air (hence wood chips rather than saw dust) whic […]
- Re: What do we know about odorous gases from composting toilets (or from composting in general)? - by: joeturner March 30, 2015I think we need to look more closely at the test composting toilets used in these studies. Hill et al. were looking at composting toilets in remote sites in North America where faeces fell into a chamber below, and was emptied on a semi-annual basis. They concluded that overall these did not compost. Tsang Pui Ki's doctoral thesis looked at two models - […]
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: OliverJones March 30, 2015Great work Joe, having an improved version of the CLTS page is a useful resource for the sector. I have not been through the whole page in detail (but I will) however having worked for the WaterAid South Asia team during the early years of CLTS, I don't believe the history section provides a complete picture of the emergence of CLTS and the actors invol […]
- Re: Photo Competition: Picturing CLTS - by: Petra March 30, 2015
- Call for written evidence on community led health systems and the Ebola outbreak March 27, 2015The Africa APPG together with Polygeia seeks to explore the lessons from the Ebola crisis for community-led health systems strengthening through examining the current response to the Ebola crisis, and gathering evidence from experts and the affected communities in West Africa.6
- ODF communities in Margibi didn't experience Ebola virus March 25, 2015Communities declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) through Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) did not experience any case of the Ebola outbreak, despite other surrounding communities in Marbibi county that experienced the worst cases.6
- Long way to go for a clean India March 23, 2015Indians attained political freedom under the leadership of Mahatma Ghandi, but his dream of a clean India remains unfulfilled.6
- Sanitation and stunting: What do toilets have to do with nutrition? March 6, 2015On Wednesday 25 March 2015, from 12:30 -14:00, a lunch-time conference on the linkages between sanitation and nutrition will take place at the European Commission in Brussels.6
- Webinar on Participatory Design Development for Sanitation March 4, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub is hosting a webinar on Participatory Design Development for Sanitation on Thursday 26th March 2015 at 10am GMT. Ben Cole will be discussing his experiences in applying participatory design to accompany and extend Malawi’s national CLTS program since 20126
- Call for written evidence on community led health systems and the Ebola outbreak March 27, 2015
Add to favourites