Barbara Evans, chief rapporteur at WSSCC’s Global Forum, discusses the world’s sanitation challenges, themes from the conference, and highlights a couple of inspirational presentations.
- Re: Options for treatment of Septage - by: pkjha May 5, 2015Dear Choudhury My first reaction is - why lime is used in the first tank? It will definitely reduce or eliminate pathogens from septage depending on the pH raised of septage. Once it is made bacteria free, the question is how supernatant will be treated through any biological treatment system because it will have same pH. Further, cost of lime for 200 cum se […]
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: Petra May 5, 2015Just a quick reply from me re the Latin America question. CLTS has only been introduced in one country in Latin America- Bolivia. And there have been major challenges there. So I don't think we can claim it is being used in Latin America. The main areas of implementation and learning have been in Asia and Africa as Jamie correctly wrote.
- Re: Options for treatment of Septage - by: sandeepanChowdhury May 5, 2015Following a recent directive of the Govt. of India, septage management systems has been initiated in different cities of India. In this connection, recently I came across a proposal for treatment of Septage for a small mountainous city, Kohima in North Eastern India. The proposal is for a separate treatment plant for septage comprising a collection tank with […]
- Re: Construction of Toilet (with Innovative Superstructure) at the Local Govt Office for TATA Housing's SWACHH CSR Project, India - by: sampark May 5, 2015Dear Promita, It is interesting to have to own by a house hold at a remote village. By getting this information, i was browsing this model in your said web, but not found. Is their any technical things involved in this ? Is it approved by Govt of India to install in SBM (Gramin) ? How many hours it will take to install this ? If it will requested for Odisha […]
- Re: Results based financing for sanitation – do the costs outweigh the benefits? WEBINAR on Wednesday 29 April 2015 - follow-up discussion - by: arno May 4, 2015Here is the link to the webinar held by SEI/SuSanA on April 29, 2015 dealing with Results-Based Financing in Sanitation. www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0gMdVBup...c0dL9j338ztxnxMzBlZr The webinar was organized by SEI and the SuSanA secretariat along with Pippa Scott, Peter Feldman and Pete Cranston of Euphoric Services who have been working on knowledge man […]
- Re: Options for treatment of Septage - by: pkjha May 5, 2015
- Women Leaders target need for sanitation and hygiene April 30, 2015Over 50 female leaders from around the world recently published a declaration calling for the end6
- Ebola response: CLTS running strong in rural Liberia April 28, 2015This week in Bong County, the National Technical Coordinating Unit (NTCU) – responsible for setting Liberia’s national WASH guidelines – verified 29 new communities as Open Defecation Free (ODF). “What was originally just a short-term basic hygiene promotion has become another successful Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) project,” said Global Communities […]6
- Chienge districts celebrates ODF success April 27, 2015Chienge's achievement as Zambia’s first Open Defecation Free (ODF) district should inspire other regions in the country for similar success, Deputy Minister of Local Government and Housing Danny Chingimbu said at the district’s celebration of attainment of ODF status.6
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015Mr. deVries, Chief of Party of Global COmmunities described the fight against the virus and the Community Led Total Sanitation program as an incredible and challenging experience.He said with all of these challenges faced by his entity during his tenure, tremendous progress was made in the fight against the Ebola virus, especially in safe burial and the Comm […]6
- CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop at AfricaSan IV/ Atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC lors d'AfricaSan April 11, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub and WSSCC will be hosting a one day CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop on Sunday 24th May, the day before the AfricaSan Conference, in Dakar, Senegal. La CLTS Knowledge Hub de l'IDS et WSSCC accueillera un atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC le 24 Mai 2015.6
- Women Leaders target need for sanitation and hygiene April 30, 2015
Add to favourites