November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- SuSanA workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership development in Accra - by: conniebenjamin December 12, 2017Hello, On the 7th of September 2017 SuSanA, WaterAid UK and WaterAid Ghana in partnership with Ghana's ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources held a one-day workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership via the SuSanA platform. The workshop took place in Accra. The purpose of the workshop was to present the SuSanA as an active network […]
- 3 Inbound Tactic for marketers only - by: neleyjay December 12, 2017What is inbound? why it's so popular in marketing word? why marketer use inbound for their business criteria? and the answer is here: inbound traffic generation tactics make sure to share your case study with me.
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: DaniBarrington December 12, 2017Thanks for the response Susan - I am aware of your work and we cited both the paper you mention and one from 2014 in the underlying systematic review for The Conversation piece I have written previously about needing to provide the toilets people "want" if you really do want to move away from open defecation (particularly based on a R.I.C.E. study […]
- Editorial: Limited services? The role of shared sanitation in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development - by: secretariat December 12, 2017Dear SuSanA members, Below is a recently published article (available for open access) regarding "safely managed" sanitation services washdev.iwaponline.com/content/early/201.../30/washdev.2017.023 Title: Limited services? The role of shared sanitation in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Authors: Barbara Evans, Andrés Hueso, Richard John […]
- WaCCliM Webinar: "La contribución del agua al cambio climático", 14th Diciembre 2017, 16:00 CET - by: ElaChe December 12, 2017Don't forget to join us for our Webinar!
- SuSanA workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership development in Accra - by: conniebenjamin December 12, 2017