November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: hajo July 28, 2016Dear all, To understand the following posting you must know that we already had an ‘off-line’ discussion about pros and cons and proper execution of vermi-composting. This discussion ignited EvM to emphasise (again ) her preference for UDDTs. She wants me to put my response on the forum for further discussion. Dear Elisabeth, I know you are fan of UDDT havin […]
- Re: Sanitary Pad burner/incinierator design - by: eva July 28, 2016Dear All Am excited mhm stakeholders are starting to look at MHM wholistically, Am Eva from Kenya, www.gsaep.org I Having been dealing with sanitary waste disposal training,advisory and programs in Kenya for the last 8 years, mainly in institutions with over 800 hundred girls, there's need to offer environmental based solutions on matters of disposal, w […]
- Re: Sanitary Pad burner/incinierator design - by: SusannahClemence July 27, 2016Thank you for the notification Esther!
- Great set of short films on making WASH inclusive by Epic Arts in Cambodia with WaterAid - by: Louisa Gosling July 27, 2016Epic Arts and WaterAid have produced some very short films to support the new national guidelines on making WASH inclusive in Cambodia. A set of 1-3 minute animated films explain how to do accessibility and safety audits, barrier analyses, collect data on disability and how WASH organisations can work in partnership with Disabled Persons organisations. These […]
- UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: hajo July 28, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites