November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools in South Asia - by: F H Mughal April 21, 2018Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools in South Asia A summary report of WaterAid and UNICEF on Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools in South Asia, is absorbing and inspiring. The report gives snapshots of 8 countries reviewing the status of MHM (menstrual hygiene management) in schools. The 8 countries are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldive […]
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 21, 2018Dear Ms. Grace, Thank you for your help. I'll myself the companies. Kindly send me their contact information. Regards, F H Mughal
- great new behaviour change website! - by: JKMakowka April 20, 2018Thanks for sharing, seems like an useful resource. Is your newsletter also available somewhere directly, preferable with a RSS feed? If you are using Mailchimp or a similar service that would work.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: gracebeeler April 20, 2018Hi FH, Maybe what might help you is an operations & maintenance report from the water and sanitation companies themselves? Something like that may not be available publicly but I can ask them if they can share it with you if that is what you have in mind.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: gracebeeler April 21, 2018