November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- Introducing Tide Technocrats from India: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat December 15, 2017A highlight of Tide Technocrats partnership with SuSanA is that the organisation has also already added a project to SuSanA's database called "Small Pyrolysis Unit Product Development and Commercialization Planning". The project is located in India and will still be running until 2018. Are there any updates on the current project or possibly o […]
- USAID Transftrom WASH Program - by: jtinsley December 15, 2017Thanks, and please let us know if Water.org can be of assistance with development of the financing model.
- Consultant: Faecal Sludge Management System Moldova - by: Florian December 15, 2017Hello We are looking for a Consultant for the Conceptual Design of a Faecal Sludge Management System for a rural settlement in the Republic of Moldova. Express your interest until 10.01.2018! TOR and more information here: http://skat.ch/working-with-skat/jobs/ Best wishes Florian
- Re: Who invented the term "WASH" for water, sanitation, hygiene? - And: Watsan or WASH for the French Wikipedia article? - by: JKMakowka December 15, 2017muench wrote: In general, podcasts can be nice, although I would prefer if they get accompanied by something written, like a summary at least. Also, it is still not so clear to me how to get it from a website to a mobile phone for listening while driving in a bus for example. I haven't tried if the website is in mobile friendly format. If it is, then I […]
- USAID Transftrom WASH Program - by: dtesfaye December 15, 2017Dear All, Since sanitation is not a lucrative business it has a challenge to attract fiancé institution to invest in it. To this end, Transform WASH has conducted financing options at house hold level and for the business enterprises. Hence, Please find attached document produced for financing of WASH products and services for USAID Transform WASH. Daniel WA […]
- Introducing Tide Technocrats from India: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat December 15, 2017