November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- Re: Why FSM gets prioritised - by: JKMakowka October 27, 2016paresh wrote: I am aware that more people are connected to on-site systems and they are looked as stop-gap arrangement while engineers and planners prefer sewerage system. Realistically speaking on-site sanitation will stay the defacto standard in most places for the foreseeable future, therefore the need for FSM. But my impression is also that many engineer […]
- PhD for a research project on Water and Sanitation Services Coproduction in the Urban South (Brussels and Liége) - by: CeciliaRodrigues October 26, 2016Hi all, I came across a tempting PhD position in Brussels, that might be of interest for someone here. I am pasting below: (n-aerus.net/wp/?wysija-page=1&contro...tions&user_id=62) Regards, Cecilia -------------------- 1 PhD for a research project on Water and Sanitation Services Coproduction in the Urban South Description: In the framework of a rese […]
- Re: Why FSM gets prioritised - by: ddiba October 26, 2016I would suggest that you stop by the SuSanA library and search for FSM related publications. There are several available in there for free download. Good luck!
- Re: Introduction of Banza Toilet - waterless toilet, mobile urine diversion toilet (Kenya) - by: Doreen October 26, 2016Dear Banza Team, Thanks. I have some questions. - How is the emptying and transportation of the waste done? - How frequent is the collection of the waste and where is it taken to? - Have you tested it anywhere in Kenya and if yes, where particularly and what type of setting? households? schools? - What was the user response after testing? - How does one purc […]
- Re: Why FSM gets prioritised - by: paresh October 26, 2016Thanks. That was the first thing I read
- Re: Why FSM gets prioritised - by: JKMakowka October 27, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites