November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- Re: Bidet as female urinal? - by: muench March 20, 2018Hi Bogdan, How did you go with your idea of using a bidet as a female urinal at your public toilet facility in the Ukraine? Just curious. Regards, Elisabeth
- Interested in urinals for females? Check out the new Wikipedia article - by: muench March 20, 2018Hi Bogdan, Thanks for your feedback. Is urine collection for nutrient reuse practised with any female urinals (do we have a reference?) or is it more of a theoretical advantage? Also, I think the advantages of urinals should be here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinal , and only those relating particularly to female urinals should be on this page. It is also only […]
- Improving the Wikipedia article on constructed wetlands - by: muench March 20, 2018P.S. Marcos: thanks for your edits, all good. I have also corrected the reference in the meantime. (editing references in Wikipedia is a bit tricky, I agree; it's a bit like using Endnote or similar, and I usually edit it using the source editor which takes me directly to the HTML code)
- Improving the Wikipedia article on constructed wetlands - by: muench March 20, 2018Dear Roumiana, Thanks a lot for this feedback. Your comments prompted me to go back and re-arrange things quite a bit. There was a doubling up about these design issues in two places which I have now merged together. I have also made it clearer (I hope) that subsurface flow CWs can be horizontal or vertical, but surface flow are always only horizontal (right […]
- 5 weeks till WASH Futures Conference 2018 - by: muench March 20, 2018Here comes my last post regarding feedback from this conference. It is about Day 4 Brisbane WASH Futures Conference by Arti Indallah Tjakranegara and Saniya Niska from SNV Indonesia (thank you!) ++++++++++++ Dear WASH Colleagues, Greetings from sunny Brisbane. It’s with a pleasure that we, Saniya and Arti from SNV Indonesia, share you the highlight of the 2n […]
- Re: Bidet as female urinal? - by: muench March 20, 2018